The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 20:20:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Show pictures of your very own Cal Lookers guys
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 91 Print
Author Topic: Show pictures of your very own Cal Lookers guys  (Read 1029924 times)
too old for this

« Reply #930 on: October 17, 2008, 21:38:45 pm »

is that blue 56 the one that now lives in the UK  Huh (too old for this/greenhearts)

I think the car that too old has used to belong to pip out of the guana batz

It did yes.

This is Alex "Too Old's" car... 56 Oval.

now with new interior,new motor,new gearbox,new mounts,new breathing and cooling.......maybe next year after owning it two years I will finally get to drive the f**kin thing Grin

JG54
67worshipper

« Reply #931 on: October 17, 2008, 22:32:23 pm »

i know what you feel like alex Roll Eyes id like to use mine but completed at the wrong time.would like to do more on it over the winter but would like to drive it before doin it otherwise i can see it all apart next year.just need to stop meddlein Grin

vw hot rod heaven
Sarge

« Reply #932 on: October 18, 2008, 00:13:45 am »

.....maybe next year after owning it two years I will finally get to drive the f**kin thing Grin

Just make sure there's no one new behind the wheeel, dude Wink  Your car looks beautiful BTW Cool Cool Cool

DKP III
too old for this

« Reply #933 on: October 26, 2008, 20:46:23 pm »

It is getting veeeeery close Sarge,looking forward to it actually being all up and together for the first time in years Grin

JG54
Sarge

« Reply #934 on: October 26, 2008, 20:52:31 pm »

It is getting veeeeery close Sarge,looking forward to it actually being all up and together for the first time in years Grin

What's left to finish??

DKP III
alfie the monster

« Reply #935 on: October 27, 2008, 00:30:56 am »

And being in my rear view mirror next year  Grin

JG54 Grunherz
Sarge

« Reply #936 on: October 27, 2008, 12:27:22 pm »

And being in my rear view mirror next year  Grin

Shocked Shocked Shocked Grin

DKP III
too old for this

« Reply #937 on: October 27, 2008, 13:38:10 pm »

What's left to finish??
Hey Sarge......last winter I pulled the interior,fitted Race trims new door cards and rear drop in panel,retrimmed in tuck'n'roll,red leather(makes a change from fat biscuit)and fabbed a show cage with cross bar with tabs to take the new Simpson Platinum harnesses.Pulled the holley pump and reg(kept overfuelling)and ran new hardline and cb rotary.She went to the volksworld show and picked up a top twenty.Still running like a bag of shit though,also picked up a new pro comp with saw axles and new kennedy clutch cheap,the mechanics on this car seem to have been swathed in mystery since it left Cali,some of it really wasn't so clever and to be honest the first attempt at the engine build over here ,still left room for improvement,so she was trailered down to Pete's(Funkenblitz)and for the first two weeks it did get blitzed,between Pete Randy and me doing the donkey work,the old box got ripped out,new later nose cone mount fabbed in ,Berg mid and modded Bug Pack rear cradle.Box now sits super level and probably 3/4" further forward,will make getting the engine in and out much easier.The new box was cleaned and painted,Pete had the saw axles polished re-assembled and the car is back on the ground....Then it all went wrong,picked the motor up to check a small leak from the Jaycee tubes,and it was like the Exxon Valdez,flywheel oil seal,various points on the case,rear pulley,time for a little look,first the heads off and next thing he has it in half,pitted lifters at 500 miles,new crank,showing minor signs of picking up.....the list is long,but fortunately caught in time....next comes a lay off to raise the money,I wasn't expecting this having just had the motor built elsewhere,it wasn,t a bad build,just sloppy and for the motor to last,worth rectifying the sloppiness.Heads now re-ported,case spot faced,compression raised ,crank polished and balanced,pistons match weighted,Tin wear(pretty paint,shitty fit)being replaced with welded strengthened new tin.Left to do?rebound stops,ditch the serp pulley(read too much bad on these on big motors)re-do the third progression hole(been drilled too low)and run in.Over the winter the new motor will come out to allow me to mig up all the unecessary holes in the firewall(looks like swiss cheese)and repaint the engine bay,engine back in and FINALLY,after being in England for 4-5 years,on the road getting ragged around.Oh and Alfie?Huh?he can be in front ......until he rear ends the old girl in the compact,or lights them up on a drain cover Tongue,me? I'll just roll steady Grin

JG54
Sarge

« Reply #938 on: October 27, 2008, 15:16:36 pm »

...."Last winter I pulled the interior,fitted Race trims new door cards and rear drop in panel,retrimmed in tuck'n'roll,red leather(makes a change from fat biscuit)and fabbed a show cage with cross bar with tabs to take the new Simpson Platinum harnesses.Pulled the holley pump and reg(kept overfuelling)and ran new hardline and cb rotary.She went to the volksworld show and picked up a top twenty.Still running like a bag of shit though,also picked up a new pro comp with saw axles and new kennedy clutch cheap,the mechanics on this car seem to have been swathed in mystery since it left Cali,some of it really wasn't so clever and to be honest the first attempt at the engine build over here ,still left room for improvement,so she was trailered down to Pete's(Funkenblitz)and for the first two weeks it did get blitzed,between Pete Randy and me doing the donkey work,the old box got ripped out,new later nose cone mount fabbed in ,Berg mid and modded Bug Pack rear cradle.Box now sits super level and probably 3/4" further forward,will make getting the engine in and out much easier.The new box was cleaned and painted,Pete had the saw axles polished re-assembled and the car is back on the ground....Then it all went wrong,picked the motor up to check a small leak from the Jaycee tubes,and it was like the Exxon Valdez,flywheel oil seal,various points on the case,rear pulley,time for a little look,first the heads off and next thing he has it in half,pitted lifters at 500 miles,new crank,showing minor signs of picking up.....the list is long,but fortunately caught in time....next comes a lay off to raise the money,I wasn't expecting this having just had the motor built elsewhere,it wasn,t a bad build,just sloppy and for the motor to last,worth rectifying the sloppiness.Heads now re-ported,case spot faced,compression raised ,crank polished and balanced,pistons match weighted,Tin wear(pretty paint,shitty fit)being replaced with welded strengthened new tin.Left to do?rebound stops,ditch the serp pulley(read too much bad on these on big motors)re-do the third progression hole(been drilled too low)and run in.Over the winter the new motor will come out to allow me to mig up all the unecessary holes in the firewall(looks like swiss cheese)and repaint the engine bay,engine back in and FINALLY,after being in England for 4-5 years,on the road getting ragged around..."

I had to ask, didn't I?? Wink  Man, what an ass whipping.  Take heart though, BIG FUN is just around the corner! Cool Cool Cool 

So, the only way Alfie strikes the tires is on a man-hole cover Shocked... WTF?? Roll Eyes Grin

DKP III
Tim C

« Reply #939 on: October 27, 2008, 15:33:11 pm »

Hey too old,

Just make sure you don't do this again when it is running!

The muffler above was red hot and too old accidently brushed his leg past it - resulting in a burning of his leg (nice scar now!) and the smell of burning skin on Neal's 3" muffler! - yes that is skin  Cry ouch

JG54 Greenhearts
Sarge

« Reply #940 on: October 27, 2008, 15:37:25 pm »

That HAD to hurt!!! Cry Cry Cry  Kinda like chichen skin on a BBQ, right? Roll Eyes Wink

DKP III
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #941 on: October 27, 2008, 15:48:01 pm »

Hey too old,

Just make sure you don't do this again when it is running!

The muffler above was red hot and too old accidently brushed his leg past it - resulting in a burning of his leg (nice scar now!) and the smell of burning skin on Neal's 3" muffler! - yes that is skin  Cry ouch

Shocked Shocked
karmann77

« Reply #942 on: October 27, 2008, 15:50:43 pm »

Not quite mine but my fathers, which means i get to drive it all the time!!! its a recent purchase and been a respected car my myself since the mid 90's.
Recently had a new 2276 motor fitted and still in the process of running in. Cool
Sarge

« Reply #943 on: October 27, 2008, 16:12:59 pm »

Nice!! Cool Cool Cool

DKP III
alfie the monster

« Reply #944 on: October 27, 2008, 16:33:36 pm »

So, the only way Alfie strikes the tires is on a man-hole cover Shocked... WTF?? Roll Eyes Grin

Nope, but it's a good way to break things launching over wet drain covers  Roll Eyes

JG54 Grunherz
too old for this

« Reply #945 on: October 27, 2008, 19:26:25 pm »

That HAD to hurt!!! Cry Cry Cry  Kinda like chichen skin on a BBQ, right? Roll Eyes Wink
Some people have the Das Drag Day plaque to remind them......I got the branding to remember it by Grin didn't hurt too much,but then Bitburg beer and Jagermeister is a cool pain suppressant

JG54
karmann77

« Reply #946 on: October 27, 2008, 23:22:38 pm »

Heres another shot that was taken on friday,
vwcab

peter

« Reply #947 on: October 27, 2008, 23:30:21 pm »

Nice car!!!  Wink

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
peach_

« Reply #948 on: October 29, 2008, 20:22:04 pm »

Shocked Shocked Didnt realise Gaz had sold this.

Hows that wallklet built engine?

Is the bug still local to stoke?

hope your enjoying it, always loved this car when it was in the club Grin

1966 java green looker- 2276 Street Machine, with standard gear box@ 14.5 (2013), With Pro Street Box @ 13.5 (2014), still more to come!

SAS RENN-WAGENS and proud

#CALLOOKDRAGS
karmann77

« Reply #949 on: October 29, 2008, 21:28:06 pm »

Hi peach, the engine is fine now that Jon has adjusted a few things for me, its now running alot better, just need to get some miles done then we can open up the taps  Grin
We live in Congleton so not far at all, also think your the guy that bought Pauls 66, he's a very good friend of mine and i helped a liitle with the 66.
Anyway mate nice to meet you Wink
Jim M

« Reply #950 on: October 30, 2008, 06:41:16 am »

I built it for my girlfriend (now wife) in 1983 she bought it, but stolen and stripped in 1984

Porters Precision
Jim M

« Reply #951 on: October 30, 2008, 06:44:36 am »

I built this in '86-'87 and still drive it today.

Porters Precision
peach_

« Reply #952 on: October 30, 2008, 20:04:34 pm »

Hi peach, the engine is fine now that Jon has adjusted a few things for me, its now running alot better, just need to get some miles done then we can open up the taps  Grin
We live in Congleton so not far at all, also think your the guy that bought Pauls 66, he's a very good friend of mine and i helped a liitle with the 66.

Cool  Cool

Are you think of bring it to a Renn-wagen meet?

Yeh i did but the Java 66, got a few plans for it this winter  Wink Grin

1966 java green looker- 2276 Street Machine, with standard gear box@ 14.5 (2013), With Pro Street Box @ 13.5 (2014), still more to come!

SAS RENN-WAGENS and proud

#CALLOOKDRAGS
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #953 on: October 30, 2008, 20:30:25 pm »

the car was featured in hot vws in late 90's Huh

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
karmann77

« Reply #954 on: October 30, 2008, 21:56:15 pm »

Cool  Cool

Are you think of bring it to a Renn-wagen meet?

Yeh i did but the Java 66, got a few plans for it this winter  Wink Grin

Yes i will bring it over to the meet
Jim M

« Reply #955 on: October 31, 2008, 01:30:17 am »

the car was featured in hot vws in late 90's Huh

Never featured anywhere.

Porters Precision
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #956 on: November 06, 2008, 13:27:34 pm »

Not quite mine but my fathers, which means i get to drive it all the time!!! its a recent purchase and been a respected car my myself since the mid 90's.
Recently had a new 2276 motor fitted and still in the process of running in. Cool
Hey Matt, hows it going? Bug looks cool! You'll find plenty of other pictures of it around here somewhere! look forward to giving you a run for your money up the strip next year if you fancy it...

Seeya soon bud
Jamie

karmann77

« Reply #957 on: November 08, 2008, 00:05:57 am »

Hey Matt, hows it going? Bug looks cool! You'll find plenty of other pictures of it around here somewhere! look forward to giving you a run for your money up the strip next year if you fancy it...

Seeya soon bud
Jamie

Hi Jamie, im fine mate, got tons of old pics from streetvw, a liitle strip action sounds good, also just debating what to do with the motor in the ghia, keep it auto or swop to big power Huh
driving an auto is so nice and easy but a spin in the 67 puts a smile per mile Tongue
Chuck Fryer

« Reply #958 on: November 14, 2008, 00:26:03 am »

I took the ghia out for what I think was the last time this fall, since snow is coming in soon! I thought, what is a cornpanzer car without corn? So here ya go. The other shot is just a cool looking old brick building in here in town.
lawrence

« Reply #959 on: November 14, 2008, 00:46:20 am »

Car looks good, Chuck! My friend let me drive his 58 ghia to a burger meet once and the entire drive I was thinking to myself that I would not mind owning one.Grin

"Happiness is a Hot VW!"
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 91 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: