The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 22:52:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Show pictures of your very own Cal Lookers guys
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 91 Print
Author Topic: Show pictures of your very own Cal Lookers guys  (Read 1030259 times)
darkmatter

« Reply #540 on: March 02, 2008, 22:23:01 pm »

thanks Torgeir,
hereīs another  Grin
JS

« Reply #541 on: March 02, 2008, 23:27:09 pm »

LOVED the car @SCC eduardinho!!

Johnny.

Signature.
Jesse/DVK

'64 2176cc

« Reply #542 on: March 02, 2008, 23:30:08 pm »

Finally I have the 205/70 tires Smiley

Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Kobus

See you at the NEXT EUROPEAN BUGIN!!! Summer 2011!

« Reply #543 on: March 02, 2008, 23:40:58 pm »

Kobus,

That's right. I bought if from BBT and Bob Scott built it. Have been trying to get pictures of it from back in the day but not having too much luck am afraid.

try tracking down his son, Shawn he used to run Vintage parts in Burbank untill a couple of years ago, any Gringo's here lounging got a lead???

Keep the Thru Cal-Look Alive!!!!
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #544 on: March 03, 2008, 00:23:07 am »

Finally I have the 205/70 tires Smiley

Jesse, that Java Green car is BEAUTIFUL!

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #545 on: March 03, 2008, 00:49:52 am »

it is!
and we're very glad to have him as our newest member of our club Grin

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
HEIM BERG

« Reply #546 on: March 03, 2008, 08:33:40 am »

Itīs that time of the year again when I usually take the old faithful for a drive. It is a bit high in the front because I have to take it to the inspection (MOT) tomorrow.

LuftsickTero

« Reply #547 on: March 03, 2008, 09:02:04 am »

Kobus,

That's right. I bought if from BBT and Bob Scott built it. Have been trying to get pictures of it from back in the day but not having too much luck am afraid.

Oh, it's that car. Here is a shot from 1999.. I wanted it too back then  Wink
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 09:04:38 am by LuftsickTero » Logged

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
nigelg65

« Reply #548 on: March 03, 2008, 10:12:51 am »

Yes it's that car and thanks Kobus I will try and get in-touch with Bob's son.
nigelg65

« Reply #549 on: March 03, 2008, 13:27:06 pm »

We are working on the second issue of Type and I would like to feature the car, but it would be so much better with some period shots from back in the day.

www.type-magazine.com
nicolas

« Reply #550 on: March 03, 2008, 13:33:57 pm »

very cool! i saw the car at the T3D open day last year and i like the car and colour very much. but i can't really appreciate the nipple turnsignals, i would have left them off, but this one is done like this many moons ago, so it would be 'wrong'. this car was at the bug in in the early 80's.
nice piece of history

so tell us when is that mag coming out? i am sporting the t-shirt today  Grin
nigelg65

« Reply #551 on: March 03, 2008, 13:57:18 pm »

We are working hard on it at the moment, so shouldn't be long. You'll love the new T-shirts too.

www.type-magazine.com
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #552 on: March 03, 2008, 18:46:13 pm »

We are working hard on it at the moment, so shouldn't be long. You'll love the new T-shirts too.

www.type-magazine.com

Not until they come in XXXL... until then I'll just admire them from a far!   Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 19:10:22 pm by DKK Rick » Logged

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
nigelg65

« Reply #553 on: March 03, 2008, 18:47:34 pm »

Ahhhhhh, you got me there.

www.type-magazine.com
48ida

« Reply #554 on: March 04, 2008, 17:57:48 pm »

Some up to date pictures of mine, taken today

It has changed since my last posting when I started this thread, and it's for sale now too  Undecided

I DRIVE MY VOLKSWAGEN WAY TO FAST TO WORRY ABOUT MY CHOLESTEROL LEVEL
Peter

« Reply #555 on: March 04, 2008, 18:56:45 pm »

Hey!
i remember that car..
used to run gold erco's , right?
i recognize the decklid
48ida

« Reply #556 on: March 04, 2008, 20:10:28 pm »

Hey!
i remember that car..
used to run gold erco's , right?
i recognize the decklid

It did  Wink

I bought it without the Erco's, still has some gold detailing though.

I DRIVE MY VOLKSWAGEN WAY TO FAST TO WORRY ABOUT MY CHOLESTEROL LEVEL
Worm
DKK

Whose stupid idea was that?

« Reply #557 on: March 05, 2008, 06:06:12 am »

Well, my sons car is pretty much done for now.  It could be MUCH better, but its going to be his daily driver (he's 16) and if its TOO nice I'm afraid someone is going to want it more than we do...  I was around DKK when I was 16 (and on) and could only wish my first car looked like this.  Did I over do it?  He is definately stoked tho.
Suggestions?  I have'nt built a VW in over 25 years......... 

"Pretending to know everything closes the door on whats really there"
Rennsurfer

« Reply #558 on: March 05, 2008, 06:20:08 am »

Damn, Worm... that car looks way better than you described it to me the other night. VERY nice!

~Sarge
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #559 on: March 05, 2008, 06:22:47 am »

Nice car! Good to see that you have 3 point restraint seat belts in the car. I would probably put locking lug nuts on the rims tho.

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #560 on: March 05, 2008, 07:02:25 am »

Looks great Worm!

edcraig

« Reply #561 on: March 05, 2008, 07:30:51 am »

Note the very rare Pirelli whitewalls on my Split Window!
Worm
DKK

Whose stupid idea was that?

« Reply #562 on: March 05, 2008, 15:25:08 pm »

Damn, Worm... that car looks way better than you described it to me the other night. VERY nice!

Thanks Guys,  Thats the MONEY shot!  This is definately the best angle.  You know, good from far--far from good....   I appreciate your kudos. 

And yes, I have installed locking lugs on the alloys, hope a pair of vise grips doesnt make me think I wasted my money.  I was thinking about a hidden kill switch or two but had yet to wire it up.  Next up is the headliner (its pretty much shot) then eventually some better seat covers.  The ones on there now are old school plaid and red vinyl from the 80's and they are starting to show their age.  Its a shame.  Thanks again, Morgan has his permit and will be soloing soon.   UH !

"Pretending to know everything closes the door on whats really there"
Rennsurfer

« Reply #563 on: March 05, 2008, 16:58:10 pm »

I was thinking about a hidden kill switch or two but had yet to wire it up. 

YES! I can't stress that enough, Worm. Back in 1981, I was working at Steve's Foreign Car Parts in Downey. While driving home one night, I noticed a Ford Granada (thank God THOSE are gone) in my mirror as I turned down my street. The next day, a Sheriff woke me up, holding my registration, asking me if I owned an orange '66 Bug. He drove me around the corner, where my car was sitting in the middle of the street. I was shocked! Then, I started laughing... the cop asked why they didn't totally take my car. Not showing him, I flipped my hidden toggle switch on and fired up my car. We both agreed that I did well to spend a whopping 50Ē on that switch and wired it to the coil. It saved me from losing my car. The night before, I was racing behind Nabisco and broke the rocker arm shaft on #3. So I had to limp the car home on the remaining cylinders. Two things in my favor against the moronic 'tards that attempted to steal my car.

Two months later, I get a call from an old friend... he tells me that he knows who tried to steal it. They ended up taking $100 worth of cassette tapes, from the glovebox, my $300 Sony radio, my black chrome Hurst shifter, and my 5th (spare) early EMPI 5 spoke wheel from the trunk. They also kicked in my quarter panels, front hood, and decklid out of frustration. This is why car thieves are what they are. Probably have the Intelligence Quotient of their respective shoe sizes. All that I wanted back was my EMPI wheel. Thank GOD they didn't take my brand new N.O.S. EMPI GTV steering wheel that I had just bought from Gary Berg. I was also pissed off because Robert K. Smith had given me his card and wanted to do an article on my car, too. Never happened because I didn't want to pursue it after the damage to my car.

Thankfully, I got tipped off from another phone call and found out who was involved with the theft. Mr. Bill's VW Repair & Towing had stolen my car! Their shop was down the street from mine. They had a long history for stealing finished cars and switching bodies/pans. I saw one of the guys in my local mall at Christmas time while I was walking with my girlfriend. I set down my shopping bags and tackled this worthless pile of fecal matter and proceeded to rearrange his face while asking (in rather loud tones) where my EMPI wheel was. He confessed to it and the next night, I got my wheel back. Shortly thereafter, Dyno Don approached me and had heard about what happened with my car. He had started a petition to shut down the father and son theft duo and their worthless shop. Naturally, I signed it and have been thankful to Don ever since. I was very lucky... many poor souls lost their cars. We all reap what we sow... seeing that shop get closed was AWESOME! Needless to say, they were exposed and a trifle bummed out.

Moral to the story and obvious conclusion: TAKE PREVENTIVE MEASURES AND SAFEGUARD YOUR CARS BY ANY MEANS.

Sorry for the longwinded rant... but car thieves should be vaporized on site, no questions asked. That Ford Granada followed me home all the way from Downey and turned out to be Mr. Bill's son. Needless to say, cars don't follow me like that anymore.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 17:06:07 pm by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
TOM / EINHEIT 11

« Reply #564 on: March 05, 2008, 18:20:32 pm »

i know,  it really isn't the year of make we all like but with its body mods and super condition its although worth having this 72 Typ 3
in our club. Its lowered by a Typ 1 beam in the front and 2 splines in the back. It has a 1641cc turboengine from ,, lowbugget.com and 4 lug BRMs on it. It has original 17550 km out of first hand and belongs to longtime clubmember Akky G.
I will post more pics in near future of other clubmembercars

cheers TOM / EINHEIT 11

the green one is one out of my own collection...........
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 21:25:36 pm by TOM / EINHEIT 11 » Logged
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #565 on: March 05, 2008, 18:28:25 pm »

I had these locks for my Cookies where the hex part would screw on and off like a regular lug. Under that was like a threaded convexed washer. In the washer, there were a series of random holes. The key had a hex with pins located to match the holes in the washer. Not much to get a set of vise grips on.

Also there's a kill switch that I think is called "Stop Action" Don't know if they're still available. If they're not turned off, they allow the car to run for a certain amount of time... then it kills the motor. The idea is that the thief hot wires the car and thinks he's in the clear then the car shuts down in the middle of the street and can't be refired.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 18:33:27 pm by DKK Rick » Logged

Sarge

« Reply #566 on: March 05, 2008, 18:39:42 pm »

i know,  it really isn't the year of make we all like but with its body mods and super condition its although worth having this 72 Typ 3
in our club. Its lowered by a Typ 1 beam in the front and 2 splines in the back. It has a 1641cc turboengine from ,, lowbugget.com and 4 lug BRMs on it. It has original 17550 km out of first hand and belongs to longtime clubmember Akky G.
I will post more pics in near future of other clubmembercars

cheers TOM / EINHEIT 11

Nice pic, Tom and welcome to The Lounge. 

DKP III
EL PINGO 66

« Reply #567 on: March 06, 2008, 04:52:46 am »

Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #568 on: March 06, 2008, 21:04:12 pm »

Is that 130 pcd there pingo ? Are you running discs up front there buddy ? As i thought there were clearance problems with discs and blister erco's ?

Stick with what you know works .
13.03 @ 98mph
EL PINGO 66

« Reply #569 on: March 07, 2008, 04:50:03 am »

Is that 130 pcd there pingo ? Are you running discs up front there buddy ? As i thought there were clearance problems with discs and blister erco's ?
yes man that wheels are 130mm porshe pattern and yes disk brakes its not compatible with the buble ercos,but i have disk brakes in front and i will make an 5/8 billet spacer and sway away long studs 60mm and thats the solution......

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 91 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: