The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 14:58:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Scandinavian Cal-look Classic (the event)
| | |-+  Scc 2008
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Print
Author Topic: Scc 2008  (Read 138012 times)
Rocket-Racing

« Reply #360 on: August 22, 2008, 23:54:42 pm »

I have spent a week just letting the impressions from SCC sink in..

What can I say that hasn't allready been said? I have never ever had a weekend like this in my whole life, and I never imagined what started out as a small gathering of norwegian cal-look fans could turn into this.

Knowing most of them personally I have an idea of how much time the SCC crew has put into making this event become real. THANK YOU!!

I would also like to thank all the europeans that travelled far to join us, it's much appreciated.
It felt kind of unreal seeing one magazine cover car after the other roll by our club tent on friday afternoon.
I could go on and on, but if I am to mention one in particular it would have to be Lee in his wonderful Manx. That crazy guy travelled 1200 miles each way in a buggy to come visit us in the woods.. Respect! You certainly deserved the "crazy" award..

There are a thousand more things to say and people to thank, but I'll stop here and just say that if you missed out this year you better be at SCC 2009, it's going to be even bigger and better but will always keep the "SCC spirit"

Anders

Screwdriver #6

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 00:50:54 am by Rocket-Racing » Logged

SHINE CAN NEVER REPLACE ATTITUDE
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #361 on: August 23, 2008, 00:14:15 am »

"but if I am to mention one in particular it would have to be Lee in his wonderful Manx. That crazy guy travelled 1200 miles each way in a buggy to come visit us in the woods.. Respect! You certainly deserved the "crazy" award.."

Well all I can say is THANKYOU dude  Smiley I said I would do it and I did...... I don't know if I am crarzy or just plain stupid as I did spend over £700 on fuel alone  Shocked

As you say.... what can be said that hasn't been said already - But I personally have to thank Richie Webb for putting up with me and my noise for over 2000 miles - THANKYOU DUDE  Wink Smiley

This was probably the best week of my life - it was a truely AMAZING experience - THANKYOU EVERYONE Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #362 on: August 23, 2008, 08:42:32 am »

I have to say, together with the best vw weekend in my life, all this positive feedback has made this last week unforgettable!! The hard work is forgotten, and the planning for next years event has already started!! Smiley

The race results are now published at sccevent.com, and have you ever seen such a result list?!!!! Just look at those times!!!    Grin Grin

This is my simple religion:
-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
Jyrki

8.88 & 251

« Reply #363 on: September 01, 2008, 10:31:42 am »

A short report from the finnish drag race finals:
After the SCC event I spent an evening in the garage to check that everything was ok. The only issue I found was a worn shifter bushing. Fixed that, and took the '55 to the finals to upgrade my licence, and make a couple of WOT passes. The weekend was very good; new record for the '55 is 11.53sec / 186 km/h, with a back-up of 11.55, running in full street trim (897kg), dot-tires, mufflers and belt on.

Jyrki

---

A million thanks to the SCC crew for putting up the absolutely best VW drag race event in Europe ever!!! We will definately come again next year.

I had some fuel delivery issues friday evening with my '55 street car, but got them solved saturday morning. Ran a couple of test passes spinning the tires thru 1st gear (11.9-12.0sec / 184-186 km/h with 1.9sec 60ft times). I was happy with the speed (NA, pump gas, almost 900kg with driver, mufflers and belt on, tall gears, shift at 6500rpm), but the 60ft times were unbelivably bad. Jukka did some adjustments to the rear shocks and tire pressure, and bam, a 1.68 followed by a 1.54sec 60ft time. On these runs I missed a shift, so the et's were only low 12s. As the engine and transmission were brand new, I decided not to get greedy, and as a next step spend an evening in the garage to check everything before taking the car to another race.

Thanks again for a great event!

Jyrki
Finland

ps. when can I buy the SCC 2009 tickets and reserve a depot area?
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #364 on: October 24, 2008, 09:03:52 am »

Thought you guys would like to see some pictures of what happened on SCC08 that was NOT racing related

Check out the swimming pictures

http://www.vwnorge.no/index.php/topic,934.msg92367/topicseen.html#new

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #365 on: October 24, 2008, 10:43:54 am »

There's a report in the new UltraVW, nice work Matt & Sally Grin

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #366 on: October 24, 2008, 11:57:12 am »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
ESH

« Reply #367 on: October 25, 2008, 18:25:24 pm »

Seems like a long time since SCC now, roll on the next one.  Smiley
roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #368 on: October 25, 2008, 20:45:07 pm »

feels like it was years ago... can't wait for the next one...

Oh and i need to find that Ultra! Smiley

Glitter don't make you faster.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: