The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:04:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  UK aircooled VW drag weekend 8th/9th July,with street car shoot out
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: UK aircooled VW drag weekend 8th/9th July,with street car shoot out  (Read 70444 times)
DaveN

« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2017, 11:45:42 am »

do you have to use real Radial tyres in the "actual street" class or are M/H dots allowed?
Airspeed

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2017, 12:04:36 pm »

do you have to use real Radial tyres in the "actual street" class or are M/H dots allowed?
You also have 'drag radials' from M/H. Same question I suppose?

"...these cars were preferred by the racers because the strut front suspension results in far superior handling than the regular torsion bar front end..."  - Keith Seume.
10.58 @ 130 mph (2/9/2022 Santa Pod)
richie

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2017, 14:32:16 pm »

Any EU legal treaded tyre so yes DOTs and drag radials allowed as they are legal tyres in plenty of European countries, the no burnout rule will stop them having to much advantage

cheers Richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Airspeed

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2017, 14:39:23 pm »

Any EU legal treaded tyre so yes DOTs and drag radials allowed as they are legal tyres in plenty of European countries, the no burnout rule will stop them having to much advantage

cheers Richie
And you would have to do the 25 mile street cruise with those DOT's then right?

"...these cars were preferred by the racers because the strut front suspension results in far superior handling than the regular torsion bar front end..."  - Keith Seume.
richie

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2017, 14:55:49 pm »

cheers Richie
And you would have to do the 25 mile street cruise with those DOT's then right?

Yes 100% so Smiley

richie

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2017, 15:02:38 pm »

what will be happening on each day? Its my wifes birthday on the Saturday and she would prefer me to go on the sunday, I would prefer to go for both days!

Saturday will be open RWYB, so anyone wanting to run street class but try belt off/burnout/slicks/stinger etc can do so on Saturday as it wont count toward actual times, just need to be there in plenty of time to do cruise sat evening
Sunday will be time trails, open rwyb and also I think we are going to have a quick 8 for race cars sunday afternoon[ qualifying sunday morning] and possibly quick 8 for other groups as well if enough interest

cheers Richie

2085 72 gtbug

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2017, 18:21:24 pm »

what will be happening on each day? Its my wifes birthday on the Saturday and she would prefer me to go on the sunday, I would prefer to go for both days!

Saturday will be open RWYB, so anyone wanting to run street class but try belt off/burnout/slicks/stinger etc can do so on Saturday as it wont count toward actual times, just need to be there in plenty of time to do cruise sat evening
Sunday will be time trails, open rwyb and also I think we are going to have a quick 8 for race cars sunday afternoon[ qualifying sunday morning] and possibly quick 8 for other groups as well if enough interest

cheers Richie
Looks like being a busy weekend Richie
As the weekend has been posted up on VW diary . com as a "to do" event in this year's calender as a campout weekend....
Chris
peach_

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2017, 12:10:17 pm »

cheers Richie

In Addition to this, we will also be running the normal heads up racing, pairing cars with similar ET's.  Grin Cool

1966 java green looker- 2276 Street Machine, with standard gear box@ 14.5 (2013), With Pro Street Box @ 13.5 (2014), still more to come!

SAS RENN-WAGENS and proud

#CALLOOKDRAGS
DRAG-DAY

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2017, 16:38:50 pm »

Please take a look at the main thread just started over in Cal Look for updates as and when we get them.

http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,26913.msg337747.html#new

benlawrence

« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2017, 21:04:37 pm »

Just browsing ferry costs   Shocked  i cant afford to hire a trailer and tow it with the camper, i could just about afford a set of earplugs and a pop up tent though.
peach_

« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2017, 18:18:42 pm »

Just browsing ferry costs   Shocked  i cant afford to hire a trailer and tow it with the camper, i could just about afford a set of earplugs and a pop up tent though.

Cheesy Get it done, you could be in for a prize  Wink

1966 java green looker- 2276 Street Machine, with standard gear box@ 14.5 (2013), With Pro Street Box @ 13.5 (2014), still more to come!

#CALLOOKDRAGS
benlawrence

« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2017, 20:20:06 pm »

The wife has given me a pass out  Grin but i'll be paying for it for the rest of my life no doubt!!!!.
It all hangs on that damn ferry cost, i'll have to work harder!!!
Richierich56

« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2017, 19:20:29 pm »

What's the deal with tickets and stuff for this? Or is it just show up on the gate?
Andrew

« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2017, 17:26:49 pm »

What's the deal with tickets and stuff for this? Or is it just show up on the gate?

Was thinking that myself....thanks for bringing it up.
mr horsepower

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2017, 23:07:51 pm »

i think i wil show up at the gate.
 gr henri
richie

« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2017, 09:30:48 am »

I will get one of the organisers to confirm, but I am sure you can get advanced tickets and maybe cheaper that way, but you can turn up and just pay on gate as well

cheers Richie

richie

« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2017, 09:31:24 am »

gr henri

With car? That will be cool Henri  Cool

cheers Richie

Airspeed

« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2017, 11:00:13 am »

gr henri
Cool! Its a long weekend, so that would make it a nice 'test-'n-tune' session for looking into your ecu settings  Wink

mr horsepower

« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2017, 12:49:18 pm »

for sure with my car
and i hope michaels aswell.
gr henri
DRAG-DAY

« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2017, 09:23:47 am »

Re: Ticketing folks, we don't actually get involved with ticket sales, we just organise the fun for y'all - tickets can only be bought direct from Shakey on their website, or  by calling them. They can of course be bought on the gate as well.

Sat Gate £12 per person - Advance £10 per person - Sun Gate £12 per person - Advance £10 - Weekend £22 per person - Advance £20.00

Racers: Track fee is £25 per day or £40 for a weekend of unlimited runs.

Shakey's rules, copied from their website:

TEN ITEM CHECK LIST

1. It is now a requirement of Shakespeare County Raceway that you MUST wear a crash helmet for drag racing at all events in 2015. This includes Public Track Days and Lifestyle Events.

2. Bring your drivers licence for signing on. Provisional licences (car or motorcycle) will NOT be accepted. - NO LICENCE NO RACE!

3. Wear suitable clothing that covers your arms and legs when racing. Gloves are required if you are driving an open top car. See Download's page ref: 'Car Safety' for further clarification.

4. Windows must be closed when racing.

5. Seat Belts must be worn.

6. Motorcycle riders to wear leathers, gloves, appropriate motorcycle approved boots and helmet (jeans & trainers not permitted). See Download's page ref: 'Motorcycle Safety' for further clarification.

7. Intercooler spray bars not to be used. The track policy is perfectly clear on this, any car dropping fluids will NOT be allowed to race!

8. Make sure that your motorcycle is clean and not dropping oil.

9. All motorcycles must have an adequate manufacturers or after market chain guard. Also oil & water catch cans if required.

10. Shakespeare County Raceway reserves the right to define additional rules governing the running of the event and will advise all registered entrants accordingly. Track managements decision is final in any situation or dispute.

2085 72 gtbug

« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2017, 12:53:07 pm »

Guys what's the situation with arriving on Friday...
Extra camping fee??
Pre book as per previous year etc
Cheers
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2017, 09:26:39 am »

Guys what's the situation with arriving on Friday...
Extra camping fee??
Pre book as per previous year etc
Cheers

Arrivals on Friday night can be accommodated as usual, there's no extra fee's. All ticketing is by Shakey, so pre booking is available with them Smiley

peach_

« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2017, 12:15:01 pm »

Just a quick one, we would like to say a big thank you to this year's Cal Look Drags Sponsors  Grin Cool

#CALLOOKDRAGS
richie

« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2017, 08:05:46 am »

So with about 9 weeks to go how is everyone getting on? cars ready? or just a big pile of parts still? Cheesy

cheers Richie

baz

« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2017, 08:14:34 am »

Parts of my bug scattered around the country but hopefully have it together in time.

I will prevail.
richie

« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2017, 08:36:51 am »

Parts of my bug scattered around the country but hopefully have it together in time.

I did see it at Jims few weeks ago Smiley

baz

« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2017, 09:20:24 am »

I did see it at Jims few weeks ago Smiley

Had a look at what you've been working on while I was dropping the car to Jim Wink

Jims done his bit now,  should be home Friday. Chasing heads and other engine bits that should be done by now.

It'll not look pretty by July but should move under its own power.

I will prevail.
richie

« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2017, 11:05:47 am »

Its supposed to be covered up Wink

Pretty doesn't matter, be good to see it moving under power again Smiley

numbnuts

« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2017, 12:37:10 pm »

I am still plugging away at my car, every night I am putting in 1-2hrs but it seems like everything is against me.
I have no idea when it was last on the road but it was only supposed to need a little bit of metal work - nearly a year later I am still welding and cutting!
If I pull it off and the oval will be there I will not win any awards for what it looks like and I will of had no seat time in it!
The problem I have had, apart from buying an incomplete car is that too much of my time has been taken up on my pillar drill after reading through the weight saving thread Grin
 Smiley
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 12:38:58 pm by numbnuts » Logged

2854cc 1956 cal looker coming to this space shortly
DaveN

« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2017, 12:44:31 pm »

So with about 9 weeks to go how is everyone getting on? cars ready? or just a big pile of parts still? Cheesy

cheers Richie

pile of broken parts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: