The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:19:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Happenings
| | |-+  BRING THE GASSERS OUT FOR FIRST EUROPEAN BUG IN!!! CHIMAY INTL RACEWAY, BELGIUM!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: BRING THE GASSERS OUT FOR FIRST EUROPEAN BUG IN!!! CHIMAY INTL RACEWAY, BELGIUM!  (Read 34529 times)
Kobus

See you at the NEXT EUROPEAN BUGIN!!! Summer 2011!

« on: October 31, 2006, 11:34:07 am »

First I would like to thank all who have been helping out promoting this event! I see banners and links to the site everywhere, very cool!

we are slowly getting there on the organization side but there is still plenty plenty left to do..

it's clear that this show is going to be something else! something mad and never seen or experienced before! full on quarter mile racing with Europe's top nostalgia gassers, next to it a sweet categorized vwclassic style show and shine, a good swapmeet (hopefully, it all depends on what you swapmeeters bring to sell) the slalom track etc etc. like most know already the site is the Chimay Racetrack in the South of Belgium and it should be one sweet weekend! www.chimay.be

I see many people are Building cars now with as deadline 29th of June 2007!  Grin   SO WHAT ARE YOU BUILDING OR RESTORING OR MODIFYING?

or what car you got that will be there at the show??? brand new built Racer or old Cal Looker with some patina? time to dust them off and show them in the sunlight!!!

thanks to all for the support! and remember one thing YOU will make the Show! if you leave your car home, it'll be one less cool car there to see...

Keep the Thru Cal-Look Alive!!!!
Gunter Hofmans

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 17:14:18 pm »

Hey Koob,
if you lent me 4 period old school wheels for a 1940s car,
I will be driving Dr Mac Jones 1940 Kubel to the BugIn
Mac is currently restoring in Germany, and making engine and chassis up to oem standards
bullet holes and body remain untouched
so decide on the wheels, and I'll drive this one to the BugIn 2007
it's going to be a super show, that I know for sure

see you next week
Gunter.
ESH

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 17:34:21 pm »

...I will be driving Dr Mac Jones 1940 Kubel to the BugIn...

What times does it do and is it a street car? Tongue

Kinda cool when you have a show and people drop in from all over because they want to be there. This isthe show for 2007!

Roll on Bug-In!
LuftsickTero

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 18:02:26 pm »

people drop in from all over because they want to be there. This isthe show for 2007!

June is going to be hectic, first Bug Run, then Bad Camberg and European Bug In..

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
dth

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 23:43:57 pm »

Hopefully ,all going well DropThe Hammer and some other Scottish cars should be makin the trip over ,makin a few changes for nxt year ,mainly on the motor ,squeeze some more power out the 2110cc ,best time this year was 12.3@102.7mph.Cheers Dth
dth

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 00:13:54 am »

Smiley

Not sure ,but hopefully some of these should be makin the crossing nxt year ,Higgy,s buggy ,Flatfires ghia(or maybe his wifes Fiat Wink) and Colins 54
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 01:41:17 am »

What about the off road track  Huh Wink

You either "Get It" or you don't......
lowfastbus

WUNDERWAFFE

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 10:47:55 am »

I'll bring this to race, not a gasser but it's gasser inspired Smiley
and my karmann project hopefully...

http://dragvws.skynetblogs.be
WUNDERWAFFE
The Knuckle Buster
flatfire

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 19:34:06 pm »

We will all be there Donald tell Magoo to sort out his shifts now not 5 minutes before we get on the ferry.
Drive on at Rosyth bingo were in Belgium the next day sober and ready to go. Tongue Roll Eyes

I love making up VW club names. I have doing a bit of research on cool Scottish names one that pops up is Ecurie Ecosse.
So we could call ourselves VW Ecurie Ecosse. The VW racing stable of Scotland losely translated.
Ecurie Ecosse won Les Mans in 1957 and 58. They were ran out of a small garage in Edinburgh.

I'm driving the ghia there and we are going to trailer the Fiat. Its all hands on deck this month when it arrives, to get it stripped down and ready
for paint.

I can't wait, even if someone tells me I have to work these dates I will quit.
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 20:28:16 pm »

That reminds me of "Ecurie Escargot!"

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Kobus

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 23:50:48 pm »

What about the off road track  Huh Wink

hey Monkiboy.
there will be a field with some kind of a track there for the buggies and other offroaders to have some kind of fun, but the place doesn;t allow us to dig up the whole place and turn it into a mudbox.. so expect some sort of tracked out field with haybales or something? anyways it's part of the big plan :-)

but the week between Camberg and Bugin should be filled with activities like our yearly D.A.S. Off Road Division Mud Day on a real serious purposebuit terrain :-)

Lee.C

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 00:43:11 am »

Thats cool dude just as long as I've got somewhere to slide the Manx around I'm happy  Grin

But I don't know if you read my other posts but I will be over for that week and I was looking for something to do between the two shows - do you think I could tag along on D.A.S. Off Road Division Mud Day  Wink Huh

2007 is going to be AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

flatfire

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 08:33:13 am »

That reminds me of "Ecurie Escargot!"

More like "Ecurie Lievre" Grin
dth

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 11:44:56 am »

We will all be there Donald tell Magoo to sort out his shifts now not 5 minutes before we get on the ferry.
Drive on at Rosyth bingo were in Belgium the next day sober and ready to go. Tongue Roll Eyes

I love making up VW club names. I have doing a bit of research on cool Scottish names one that pops up is Ecurie Ecosse.
So we could call ourselves VW Ecurie Ecosse. The VW racing stable of Scotland losely translated.
Ecurie Ecosse won Les Mans in 1957 and 58. They were ran out of a small garage in Edinburgh.

I'm driving the ghia there and we are going to trailer the Fiat. Its all hands on deck this month when it arrives, to get it stripped down and ready
for paint.

Pete ,mind giv me a shout when the fiats arriving ,allready booked a sick day off work Grin,will see if Colin can make it up as well.Am away on holiday until the 16th Nov from nxt Monday ,when you back home?Also got a set of 48 ida,s for the fiat if needed Smiley
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 11:54:40 am by dth » Logged
Kobus

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 11:53:48 am »

Thats cool dude just as long as I've got somewhere to slide the Manx around I'm happy  Grin

But I don't know if you read my other posts but I will be over for that week and I was looking for something to do between the two shows - do you think I could tag along on D.A.S. Off Road Division Mud Day  Wink Huh

Sliding The Manx around will be possible, field+haybales=track hehe :-) hehe a bit of slalom and quartermile will be possible too ;-)

about the Mud Day, this (if goes like planned) will be held on the OffRoad track of Nivelles, and yes you can join in with your manx, there is a soft and a realy hard track both are major fun and this MUDevent is open to all aircooled"offroad"vehicles, last time there was even some bone stock 181's and some buggies with street tires (kubel and schwimmwagen blew us away with their skills, and the Unimog came in realy handy to pull stuck landrovers out of the mud...hehe).... anyways it's a blast, fun to do and fun to watch, a nice day with BBQ on the spot, so Lee see you there! :-) (all others welcome too ofcorse!)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 12:05:44 pm by Kobus » Logged

Kobus

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 12:00:27 pm »

Sober and Scottish? for the drive maybe... but once there... oh boy! this is no German beer that will be served there... the European Bug In is Officially Sponsored by... www.Chimay.be and those monks know how to brew a "strong ale" hehe

flatfire

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 12:35:19 pm »

Sober and Scottish? for the drive maybe... but once there... oh boy! this is no German beer that will be served there... the European Bug In is Officially Sponsored by... www.Chimay.be and those monks know how to brew a "strong ale" hehe

Kobus we will be there in body and spirit (whiskey). Grin
Have you sorted out the announcer I vote for Dyno Don.

Bring on the strong ale tell the monks were coming and hells coming with us. Grin
Gunter Hofmans

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 20:07:48 pm »

my bet is on the bo$$ being the speaker of the event

Gunter.
Lee.C

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 20:31:16 pm »

Sliding The Manx around will be possible, field+haybales=track hehe :-) hehe a bit of slalom and quartermile will be possible too ;-)

about the Mud Day, this (if goes like planned) will be held on the OffRoad track of Nivelles, and yes you can join in with your manx, there is a soft and a realy hard track both are major fun and this MUDevent is open to all aircooled"offroad"vehicles, last time there was even some bone stock 181's and some buggies with street tires (kubel and schwimmwagen blew us away with their skills, and the Unimog came in realy handy to pull stuck landrovers out of the mud...hehe).... anyways it's a blast, fun to do and fun to watch, a nice day with BBQ on the spot, so Lee see you there! :-) (all others welcome too ofcorse!)

Cool I'll be there for sure dude - I might even leave it covered in mud for BUG IN Grin Grin

Just drop me a line nearer the time with the dates etc - Is there a camp site near you that I can stay for the week?

God I can't wait  Grin Grin Grin

P.S I vote for Dyno Don aswell  Smiley

ESH

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 21:03:59 pm »

Some Belgian mud...

48IDA66

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 22:39:01 pm »

Kobus,
Will there be a list how to get a Hotel-Motel nearbay the track, (like in SPA) ......or will there be a camping site on the spot...
flatfire

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 09:32:10 am »

my bet is on the bo$$ being the speaker of the event

Gunter.

Who is the Bo$$ or is that a obvious question. Huh

I was just thinking if we had a poll of popular cal-look heros we all put 10 euros in the pot we could sponsor the winner to bring himself and his car over from the USA.
We have 427 members the maths is easy. Just a thought Smiley
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006, 12:12:20 pm »

..all I can say about the Bo$$, is that he loves your h-a$$!!   Grin

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
flatfire

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 16:59:31 pm »

..all I can say about the Bo$$, is that he loves your h-a$$!!   Grin

He is only human after all  Cheesy

I know who you mean now Lips Sealed
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006, 22:40:36 pm »

LOL

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Kobus

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2006, 13:21:18 pm »

well not a Gasser.... but WHAT A LOOKER!!!

the Randy Gates Splitwindow on Burners just arrived in Aberdeen, Europe's Callook haven!

and yes this car will be at the European Bug In! the amount of mindblowing cars that will be present... pfff... i wish i could fastforward and be friday 29th of june 2007 tomorrow allready!   

Otto/DFL

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2006, 13:30:57 pm »

Hi Kobus,

<" i wish i could fastforward and be friday 29th of june 2007 tomorrow allready!"

I hope you couldnīt, because there are so many thinks to do on our cars! Wink

But youīre right, canīt wait to see you all in Chimay!

Cheers  Otto

51 Beetle
69 Cal-Look Beetle
69 Karmann GF Buggy
76 Baywindow
http://www.dfl-vwclub.de
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2006, 13:59:14 pm »

hmm.. who is the new owner of the gates car? I am going to aberdeen soon.. Would be nice to take a closer look on that beauty... Its definately something I look at when restauring one of my 52's
If I can't see it there I will see it at Bug In which is a MUST event next year...

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

Rocket-Racing

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 23:05:29 pm »

hmm.. who is the new owner of the gates car? I am going to aberdeen soon.. Would be nice to take a closer look on that beauty... Its definately something I look at when restauring one of my 52's
If I can't see it there I will see it at Bug In which is a MUST event next year...

http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php?topic=389.0

SHINE CAN NEVER REPLACE ATTITUDE
Kobus

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2006, 12:59:30 pm »

EUROPEAN BUG IN NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!!

the ENGLISH section of the website is online!!! hit

www.EuropeanBugin.com

(lol hope you don't mind the spelling errors, still need to proofread, but no time now, noticed 'Californain' allready... sure theres more, should of have ran a spellcheck haha)

anyways, one thing is for sure, it wil be the Worlds Biggest Ever Callook and Nostalgia gasser getogether!!! Awesome! :-)

« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 13:01:42 pm by Kobus » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: