The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 23:58:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6821 Members
Latest Member: LasseA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  DKK - Looking for my old family.... are you still out there?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: DKK - Looking for my old family.... are you still out there?  (Read 35665 times)
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 03:24:33 am »

More DKK and DVB photos.
1st Photo:  Henry in the back ground and ? playing volleyball.
2nd photo:  Fred (Mark), Scott Hall, Steve Wilkerson
3rd Photo:  Nancy Mayeda (Henry's wife)
4th Photo:  Help please?Huh
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 14:30:46 pm by DKK Lisa » Logged
Susy

PowderPuff VW Racing Rocks

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 03:38:15 am »

Those were the days!  I will never forget them!

I must have been playing Volleyball in alot of those photos - I can't find me (which is okay)  I am sure I was there. 

And look at you - Queen of the Hill!

Oh My Gosh - Mark (Fred) still looks the same, he is alot more outgoing now, but still the sweet heart he was back in the day!

Nice shorts Steve!

Great photos Lisa!

MSH Racing
1970 Karmann Ghia
Type 1 - 2400cc  48 IDA's - 12 Second Street Car - Pump Gas
PowderPuff VW Racing Coordinator
2009 & 2010 Series Two PowderPuff Champion
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 04:11:39 am »

Susy,
Is that John Fawley on the bottom row of your DVB pyramid, to the far right as you look at the picture? 
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 06:11:12 am »

Glad I got into DKK after the short shorts era.

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Susy

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 21:03:51 pm »

Yes Lisa - that is John Fawley!

Hey Danny - heard you are in town!  Will you be here for Bug-In?

You know secretly that you wore those shorts behind closed doors.

Dolphin shorts and tank tops were all I use to wear back then - those were really cool - Plus I was thin and in shape also!

Hope to see you both at Bug-In!

Susy

MSH Racing
1970 Karmann Ghia

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2009, 21:21:16 pm »

Welcome Lisa !
Ahhh, the 80's, what a great time !
The lasting friendships were the best part.
 Smiley
Georg/DFL

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2009, 22:23:38 pm »

Welcome at the Lounge, Lisa!

It is so cool to see these old pictures. Would you be so nice putting some names to the faces?
That would be even better - at least for us Europeans who haven't been there 20+ years ago.
Cheers,

Georg

Cal Look is not a crime
http://www.dflvwclub.de
"Happiness is a hot VW" - in memory of SOB
"When you run into a Cal Look guy he fits the mold. There's… the Cal Look guys, I don't know how to say it … they just seem to be." - Ron Fleming
Sarge

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2009, 22:35:13 pm »

Such a trip seeing those old pics, Lisa!  The faces and places are different, but the spirit is the same thing I remember from the old days of DKP.  Please post some more! Cool

DKP III
Jim Ratto

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2009, 22:38:22 pm »

Welcome to Lounge Lisa. Things tend to get a little weird sometimes, but it's all in good fun. glad to hear you've got the Bug again.
Worm
DKK

Whose stupid idea was that?

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2009, 04:35:43 am »

Here's a pick of the same Ghia (Wilkerson's???) when it got hit on the OTHER side!  That thing got pounded a few times.  This was BEFORE/beacuse he put the glass one piece front end on and then in your pic is when it got slammed AGAIN.  Too much.

I can't get over ALL THAT HAIR   !!!!  Where did mine go?Huh??  Ha!

Great pics.  Please post more.  And it was great talking to you the other day.  Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

And Danny.....  I will give you MONEY to wear shorts like that on May 3rd!!!!!!

« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 04:39:36 am by Worm » Logged

"Pretending to know everything closes the door on whats really there"
Speed-Randy

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 04:56:33 am »

what kind of money are we talking about? i could put on a pair of grape smugglers for the right amount

WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2009, 05:13:50 am »

Cool way to play frisbee golf! Wink

Just wondering if that car ended up as Mike Mabe's "Street Cleaner" red ghia???

...and please Lisa, post more pics.   Very entertaining!

Weren't you guys/gals mostly from Bellflower area? I use to have a friend that I believe was in your club which I haven't seen in more than 20 years. His last name was Taylor..all I can remember. Maybe?

Where was that GEMCO located in your meets? Wasn't it near the pizza place hangout?

I had a '52 split cal-look with Lonnie Reed heads high comp. motor with Berg 5 speed in '79,'80. We used to terriorize the streets of Cypress (home town). V8 owners were not highly looked upon..Ha!

Young and dumb back then, but a whole lot of fun! Cool

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2009, 14:27:23 pm »

Lisa, those pics are GREAT! Please keep 'em flowin'. Good talkin' to ya, the other day.

Me not outgoing? HAHA!! I sense sarcasm.

Grin

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2009, 14:39:40 pm »

I just went back in the original posts of the photos and added the names that I can remember.  Mark, Worm, anyone else.... can you help me out with more of the names?
Lisa
Sarge

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2009, 15:06:22 pm »

I got a call at work the other day from a guy named Patrick Russell who claimed to be a Deek.  Mark didn't recall the name.  At any rate, he said he'd be around at some point for Bug-In weekend... possibly at Nick's with his photo album.

DKP III
Beth's English Bulls

Buggin me to have fun

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2009, 18:06:18 pm »

Lisa,

Wasn't Kathy Hill in the pryamid?? You and Kathy Hung out back then.  I almost did not recognize Nancy's pic.  I totally remember the blue bug I think I have a pic of it as well.  I still have the little metal stickers from those scavenger hunts you used to put together.  What great times!!!  Hey Lisa remember the Mazdaratti the red Mazdaratti.... No this is not a spelling error...LOL

Your favorite sister...

Beth Maxwell

Beth and Dylan Maxwell Wink
Susy

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2009, 21:30:55 pm »

Mark - you were pretty shy back in the day from what I remember.  It's not like you never spoke - but you are alot more outgoing now a days!

See you soon! Smiley

Susy

MSH Racing
1970 Karmann Ghia
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2009, 02:07:51 am »

Beth.... you're my only sister!!  No, Kathy was not in the pyramid photo.  I think she is the one in the red jacket sitting next to me in the volley ball picture.  Please find the "little sticker" for me.  That's a dash plaque from one of DKK's events.  If you get it for me, I'll declare you my "Most Favorite Sister in the Whole World"!!
Rennsurfer

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2009, 14:27:17 pm »

Mark - you were pretty shy back in the day from what I remember.  It's not like you never spoke - but you are alot more outgoing now a days!

See you soon! Smiley

Susy

Wow... that's funny, 'cause people tell me that I was just the opposite. Oh well.

Grin

At any rate, I'm so stoked that we got Lisa back. This is some good stuff, Lisa... please keep the old pics flowin'. Lisa, looks like Alex Gonzales, standing in front of the D.V.B. pyramid.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 14:32:48 pm by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
Rennsurfer

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2009, 07:11:59 am »

I feel like a moron for replying to myself (that inside joke is for YOU, Rayburn)... but does Susy or Lisa remember what year that volleyball event was? I'm looking at those pictures and I'm gonna guess around 1980, '81, or maybe '82.

Here ya go, Lisa...

One of our many ventures at some park. Probably El Dorado or one of the big Orange County ones. Looks like your yellow Split, Alex's fiberglass Heb, Bob Davis' Notch, Steve's Ghia, and a few that I can't recall.

And here's our own Lisa at o'dark thirty in the morning, before dawn, in line at Bug-In at O.C.I.R. Further proof that you have some great pictures hiding at home. You had a way better camera than I did. So keep the scanning going. HAHA!! I'm guessing that you're standing next to Vince Ito's yellow car.

Yet another get together at a park. I have no clue where, but I do know that I had this pic developed in December of 1981.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 14:32:16 pm by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2009, 16:05:22 pm »

Here are a few of my 53 Split at a RG Canning show in Long Beach.  We did a group display with Steve's Blue Bug and Scott Hall's Blue Bug.  I don't have any pics of theirs (that I can find right now).  I talked to my Dad a few days ago and he PROUDLY told me that he had saved the Plexi Glass Display Board that you see in the photo.  I told him to throw it away at leaste a dozen times over the years.  I'm kinda glad he kept it.  Don't know what I'm going to do with it  Huh  Nostalgia..... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh   I wonder what else he saved.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 16:10:17 pm by DKK Lisa » Logged
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2009, 16:10:10 pm »

Cool display, I like the can of "air" Grin

~DR.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2009, 16:11:31 pm »

cool pictures boys & girls  Cool Cool

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2009, 16:58:26 pm »

Hey Lisa, I think I've inadvertently posted a picture of your bug over on the 'Cool Pics' thread... I found it over on the samba.com, although its not listed as your car I'm pretty sure it is, it even looks like it may be the same shows as some of your pictures above...

jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2009, 16:58:55 pm »

Yes it definitely is... and you can just make out the Duchers buggy body prop bar in the background...

Here's the picture to save you searching it out:

jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2009, 17:07:14 pm »

Here's one with your car in the background:

Which of the blue bugs is this one Lisa?

DKK - Lisa
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2009, 17:22:52 pm »

That one is Steve Wilkerson's.  The one in front of mine is Scott Halls. 
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2009, 14:39:16 pm »

Here is a photo of Steve Wilkerson.  All of the other photos seemed to be of his back side.  This is at that same volley ball event.  There is a small flaw due to the scanner.  I guesss the learning curve continues. 

Hey Mark and Worm.  Are your memories are bad as mine?  I thought you would be helping me with filling in the names of these other members by now.  Any help?
Rennsurfer

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2009, 00:49:17 am »

Some dork in the red Porsche hat on the left, and forgot the other two guys' names on either side of Steve.

~Sarge
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2009, 17:50:53 pm »

Hey Fred I have a question for you!
I was going through some more of my things and I came across three key ring monoscopes with photos from my DKK days.  Do you remember some guy would come by and take photos and then try to sell them to you later at the event.  It's a rectangular little box that you peek your eye through and against some decent light (and some better vision than I have today), you can see the photo.  Remember those???  Do you know if there is any way to pull the photo out and print them?  They're pretty small.  What ideas do you have?
Lisa
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: