The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 12:27:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Another '67 joins the fleet!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Another '67 joins the fleet!  (Read 68979 times)
Ivan

« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2010, 18:52:27 pm »

Well, Ivan, you got yourself a real nice ride again.  The gasburners make a whole new car and they look extreme well detailled, but as you allready know, they are magnesium (like your BRM's), so you will need to polish them up by hand every sunday morning to keep them this cleen, but then again, they are worth it!

See you (and the car???) at the show...

Philip Steenackers
Flatline Lowriders
Belgium.

It's OK Philip, I have a fully trained chimp and he is the best wheel polisher I know of! He's got many skills. See him in action here; <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5pFv8CAniYQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/5pFv8CAniYQ</a>

As for the show, yes and yes, so see you there - or maybe this weekend - but not with this car.
1957lowlight

Philip Steenackers

« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2010, 21:43:00 pm »

Hi Ivan, if you come to Belgium, you won't see me, as I'm recovering from a longdisease.  If you come, you can drive my car to the show if you want.  I only live 30 km from Ninove.  Let me know...

Regards,

By the way: the car offer doesn't count for anyone else!
Ivan

« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2010, 22:11:20 pm »

Sounds like an amazing offer! I will call you later in the week. Wink
Ivan

« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2010, 01:20:34 am »

Here's the latest change. Chris Morley had a batch of these frames made about 10 years back and I kept one back as I knew I'd use it one day. I had two US style plates made one in black one in yellow. I thought the yellow would work best with the blue on the frame and the white of the car.
Ivan

« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2010, 01:34:52 am »

The weird thing is that Chris Morley had the license plate frames made in the USA and the car came from another Chris Morley here in the UK.
Rob E

« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2010, 23:29:53 pm »

will we see the car at the Volksworld show Ivan? be great to see it again Cool
Ivan

« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2010, 20:35:12 pm »

will we see the car at the Volksworld show Ivan? be great to see it again Cool

That has been the plan all along - nearly there now, juts a few more details (and as we know details are what it's all about!)
vwhelmot

« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2010, 22:49:19 pm »

Looks spot on, vag monkey rider! Greetings from Wales.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2010, 19:09:26 pm »

Cool license plate frame, Ivan.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Rob E

« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2010, 20:51:29 pm »

hows it going Ivan, finished the buffing yet?  Grin
Ivan

« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2010, 21:01:25 pm »

None this past weekend - I was in Belgium for a show at Ninove. But I plan to get back on it this week.
Rich Ghia

« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2010, 14:49:33 pm »

Saw this at the railway crossing last night. Sweet as Ivan. I had my first pang of regret for selling mine! Sad
downlowmatt

« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2010, 17:37:45 pm »

Looks BAD with the burners on! I was king of feeling the old school 3-d style black front number plate though.  Undecided
Not long til the show now... speaking of which I should get away from this computer and back to the SR!  Cool
Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2010, 18:30:17 pm »

Car looks really good Ivan! Nice to see a change with the gas burner wheels painted in the dark silver color. I dig the combo!
They have been powder coated but the rims and spokes detailed. They work well with the Lotus white paint. May try black running boards just to see what they look like - but the car was originally delivered with coloured running boards and to be honest, I have always really like coloured running boards. You don't know until you try, so, I'm going to give it a go just to be sure.

Even though it was freezing cold this morning, before I left for the office I couldn't resist pulling the car out of the garage and checking it out in the daylight. I'm really happy with how it looks and even more happy to be able to say it's mine.

Another piece of the puzzle arrived in the post today - so the image of how I want it to end up looking like that has been running around my head is coming together. Expect another update really soon!  Wink

if you're removing the coloured running boards I'd be interested. My cars lotus white  Smiley

Regards Ron

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
Ivan

« Reply #134 on: March 18, 2010, 01:14:10 am »

if you're removing the coloured running boards I'd be interested. My cars lotus white  Smiley

Regards Ron

I won't be getting rid of them, but I do have a pair of 'spare' coloured ones - and spare wing beading too! Interested?
Ivan

« Reply #135 on: March 18, 2010, 01:17:34 am »

Saw this at the railway crossing last night. Sweet as Ivan. I had my first pang of regret for selling mine! Sad

Where were you?
I got stuck at the crossing for ages - seems every time I go near Farncombe that happens. DULL!
As it was a nice evening I went out for a bit of a rip, just incase any cobwebs needed blowing out of it!  Wink
You're only round the corner - you're always welcome to ride shotgun on one of my ricer hunts.

Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #136 on: March 18, 2010, 01:24:46 am »

Laughing @ "ricer hunts". Good one, Ivan. May your hunts be successful ones. Take out those filthy ricers, one by one.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Ivan

« Reply #137 on: March 18, 2010, 12:06:37 pm »

As yet the new '67 has not claimed any scalps and, has a very long way to go to catch the Beige '67.
Still, it is eager and shows willing and that's what's important.  Cheesy

And I agree, they are filth!
Rich Ghia

« Reply #138 on: March 18, 2010, 12:14:05 pm »

Where were you?
I got stuck at the crossing for ages - seems every time I go near Farncombe that happens. DULL!
As it was a nice evening I went out for a bit of a rip, just incase any cobwebs needed blowing out of it!  Wink
You're only round the corner - you're always welcome to ride shotgun on one of my ricer hunts.

I was on my way back from the airport and nipped down Station Road. You should know by now that you'll be stuck betwen 7:55 & 8:00 at that crossing. Grin

Awesome I might just tap you up on that. Our wedding is in 5 weeks so I'll need reminding what I'm missing out on!
Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2010, 13:05:11 pm »

Regards Ron

I won't be getting rid of them, but I do have a pair of 'spare' coloured ones - and spare wing beading too! Interested?

I already have the coloured wing beading but would be interested in the spare coloured running boards

pm me if thats ok

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
Neil Davies

« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2010, 13:06:45 pm »

Where were you?

Our wedding is in 5 weeks so I'll need reminding what I'm missing out on!

Wedding? White car? Ivan in a chimp suit? Hmmm! Wink
When I went to Paul Jacksons wedding he used Russ Fellows bug as the wedding car! Cheesy

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
stretch

« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2010, 13:27:42 pm »

Where were you?

When I went to Paul Jacksons wedding he used Russ Fellows bug as the wedding car! Cheesy

It was when the vicar mentioned it during the service that made me laugh.   Grin

Catch up at the volksworld show Neil?
Rich Ghia

« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2010, 14:24:59 pm »

[Wedding? White car? Ivan in a chimp suit? Hmmm! Wink

There is no way the snow rapist is making an appearance. Grin My Dad's mate is bringing his 1924 Bentley so no bugs for me. Cool Undecided
Neil Davies

« Reply #143 on: March 19, 2010, 15:15:27 pm »

Where were you?

It was when the vicar mentioned it during the service that made me laugh.   Grin

Catch up at the volksworld show Neil?

Unfortunately not mate, I was planning on going but it's Emma's Nan's birthday on the saturday night, so I either wouldn't get a full Saturday in, or be in no fit state to get there for sunday...
Doing Avon Park on the 17th/18th April though!

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Ivan

« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2010, 18:15:46 pm »

[Wedding? White car? Ivan in a chimp suit? Hmmm! Wink

There is no way the snow rapist is making an appearance. Grin My Dad's mate is bringing his 1924 Bentley so no bugs for me. Cool Undecided

Yeah, all sounds really great - 1924 Bentley cliché et al.  But think about it...
I'd get you to the church on time - and you could arrive sideways!
 It's all about making your wedding one never to be forgotten.
Mind you knowing my driving, I could probably do you a deal and do a wedding a funeral all in one special for you.  Cheesy
Ivan

« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2010, 01:17:33 am »

Here's an update - not a bit of an update - a lot of an update. The '67 didn't make it to the VolksWorld Show as planned as an engine problem ruined the plans.

You can see more here; http://www.jg54greenhearts.blogspot.com/

And as you'll see I've had a busy day! Still you gotta keep a smile on your face.  Grin
Rob E

« Reply #146 on: April 01, 2010, 17:12:35 pm »

gutted, i was looking forward to seeing this at Sandown as well.  Still at least you will have gone through the whole car then, so shouldnt be any more surprises  Cool
1957lowlight

Philip Steenackers

« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2010, 21:45:04 pm »

Yeah, Ivan, I missed your car also at Sandown.   But then again.  Now you got a reason to show it over here in Belgium one day  Grin

Good luck with the Engine rebuilt.

Phlip Steenackers
Flatline-Lowriders
Belgium
Ivan

« Reply #148 on: April 08, 2010, 00:40:51 am »

I went to the workshop over the weekend and lapped the valves in, tomorrow the crankcase is going to the Case Doctor for a full medi-Cal, hopefully he won't say it needs to be taken outside and put in front of a firing squad!
The lifter bore was worn quite badly the further in you got, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. We've got the ally lifter bore inserts - so we can only hope for good news.
I've got my cousin's wedding this weekend so I won't be able to start the rebuild until the weekend after, but I am so keen to get it back together I might have to do some midnight oil burning during next week. The only issue is that by the time I get back from the office it's usually 7 to 8pm and the Funkenblitz workshop is 40 miles away from my home so by the time I get there I'll probably meet myself coming out to head home.  Shocked
I also need to sort out a new cam and lifters and the FK8 I took out had a weird fragrance to it, I am sure it smelled like lavender! I asked a few people for unbiased opinions and they agreed, it did have a whiff of lavender about it. Bearing this in mind, it made sense to call the freephone number for The Camshaft Hotline and very understanding operative, called Chad, suggested the FK10 as a more manly choice. He also said if I didn't run with straight cut cam gear I should be ashamed of myself and seriously consider self harming... Nothing beats good advice, especially when it is free!           
Martin

Cash Converter....

« Reply #149 on: April 08, 2010, 07:57:45 am »

lmao!  I had a lavender turbo once, it now lives in the corner of the workshop and we mock it every time we pass Wink

Good thread

Martin

9 sec street car, its just simply not fast enough

Swing axle to CV convertion is on the website now

www.taylormachine.co.uk

OFF/500
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: