The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 16:59:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Another '67 joins the fleet!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Another '67 joins the fleet!  (Read 69135 times)
Ivan

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2010, 13:51:51 pm »

I have yet to see a car fitted with burners needing any tucking... If anything you will need spacers in the back...  but that's a nice car!!

At the moment it has a stock Puma beam, discs and dropped spindles and the 145 tyres rub. I haven't tried the Gas Burners - but I want to keep dropped spindles on it.
Ivan

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2010, 14:02:02 pm »

awesome!

wondered when this car would reappear!  Smiley

dont suppose it came with the original 67 only stock hubcaps? and youd like to donate them to my low mileage savanna beige 67?  Grin

glad its back on the scene  Smiley

Give me a call!
There's quite a lot of '67 only stuff! From memory, I think there are three original  hubcaps and three wheel trims. But I'd need to make certain. There were boxes of stuff and I haven't really had a chance to look at it all yet. One thing that'd be of interest for sure are the original running boards with coloured covers and original trim.
jonathan

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2010, 14:31:18 pm »

Nicecar.Remember reading the Volksworld feature and thinking how cool it was that the mods had been made to make it a better all round driving car, rather than just a quarter miler.
Look forward to seeing it at sandown next month?
Rob E

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2010, 15:50:08 pm »

awesome!

wondered when this car would reappear!  Smiley

dont suppose it came with the original 67 only stock hubcaps? and youd like to donate them to my low mileage savanna beige 67?  Grin

glad its back on the scene  Smiley

Give me a call!
There's quite a lot of '67 only stuff! From memory, I think there are three original  hubcaps and three wheel trims. But I'd need to make certain. There were boxes of stuff and I haven't really had a chance to look at it all yet. One thing that'd be of interest for sure are the original running boards with coloured covers and original trim.

cool, i'll def take the hubcaps if they are for sale, if you could email what else is for sale that would be great.  design.twenty20@googlemail.com

thanks Ivan  Smiley
Rob E

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2010, 15:52:53 pm »

heres mine by the way (sorry for the hijack) been a little neglected, but im currently in the process of bring it back up to show condition.

was featured back in Volksworld in Aug01 in the "buying a beetle" section.

anyway, as you were  Grin
streetvw

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2010, 16:32:44 pm »

Ivan is that the one that was featured in the Cal look specail with my brothers car and Nao's oval?

seem to remember that John Maher build the motor?
That's the one - John built the engine from scratch and dyno'd it at 155bhp. A good driver rather than an e-ticket ride. It sat at 80 smiles per hour all the way home with plenty to go.
Needs couple of inches out of the beam to tuck the wheels in and short axles with fatter rubber - oh, and the Gas Burners.
How's tricks anyway? Happy New Year and pass it on to Paul. XX

happy new year to you to mate things are much the same as the last time we spoke Paul is good I think he just added you on FBook. I'm gonna have to try and get to a show this year so we can have a chat!!
congrats again on the new car its a doozie Shocked bet it'll light up those 165's without too much trouble  Wink
Ivan

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2010, 23:37:15 pm »

heres mine by the way (sorry for the hijack) been a little neglected, but im currently in the process of bring it back up to show condition.

was featured back in Volksworld in Aug01 in the "buying a beetle" section.

anyway, as you were  Grin

Did you know... I found that one too? I bought it from the original owner who lived in the West Midlands (can't remember the name of the place). It was a really nice car, really nice! I seem to remember it'd had some bodywork. The owner flat denied it though. it wasn't worth arguing about it - the car was still lovely. And I got it for VERY sensible money - I'm not about to upset anyone though so I won't say what it cost. Fred Unis went and collected it and delivered it straight to Luke at Terrys. He went through it and then it was sold on to Mark Walter's (from memory) sister. It was hers when it was featured in the buyers guide.
Although it wouldn't fit in the spare wheel - the original owner had a Hazet (VW) spare wheel tool kit from his previous Beetle - it was mint! He would only sell the tool kit as a separate deal - I got it for 200.

Look after it, there aren't many like that one!
ST DRAGN

More Port. More Gas..Kicks Ass...

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 00:42:15 am »

Very Nice..Looks like a early model 67 ..

Der Kleiner Panzers
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 03:05:55 am »

Wow... that beige '67 is so nice and beggin' to have the front end dropped a little.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Rob E

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 12:01:43 pm »

Did you know... I found that one too? I bought it from the original owner who lived in the West Midlands (can't remember the name of the place). It was a really nice car, really nice! I seem to remember it'd had some bodywork. The owner flat denied it though. it wasn't worth arguing about it - the car was still lovely. And I got it for VERY sensible money - I'm not about to upset anyone though so I won't say what it cost. Fred Unis went and collected it and delivered it straight to Luke at Terrys. He went through it and then it was sold on to Mark Walter's (from memory) sister. It was hers when it was featured in the buyers guide.
Although it wouldn't fit in the spare wheel - the original owner had a Hazet (VW) spare wheel tool kit from his previous Beetle - it was mint! He would only sell the tool kit as a separate deal - I got it for 200.

Look after it, there aren't many like that one!

ahh, very interesting, thanks for filling in the gaps Smiley

yes i bought it from Mark Walters for very reasonable money too, although it has suffered, but is off to my mate Gavin Jones in cornwall in a few weeks for a little surgery here and there....the idea is to get it ready for Stanford Hall, the original plan was the Volksworld show. 

Coincidentally, i came across the car at Avoncroft Historic Vw show in about 1999 i guess, it was for sale by an old guy who i got chatting to. He turned out to the Service Manager at the local Worcester dealership and had been given the bug by the original lady owner with only 50k miles on the clock. i spotted it at Brighton Breeze about 4 years later and managed to track the owner down and asked if he ever sold it, would he give me first refusal.....then out of the blue i got an email from Mark asking if i wanted to buy it. Smiley

i dont plan on selling it, and although i do appreciate cal lookers, i havent got the heart to modify this car Smiley

anyway sorry for the hijack......again  Grin

whats your email Ivan? and i'll contact you via that about the 67 bits Smiley
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2010, 12:11:06 pm »

Congrats with a very nice 67.

One question, did you repaint the rear inner fenders? And do you plan to protect them in any way and if so, what do you plan to use?

Best rgs
BB

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Neil Davies

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2010, 13:08:37 pm »

Did you know... I found that one too? I bought it from the original owner who lived in the West Midlands (can't remember the name of the place).

I think I know where it was - does Gornal ring any bells? I saw that Beetle (at least I think it was that one!) every week, until one day it was gone! Always wondered where it went! Cheesy

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Tim C

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2010, 13:16:38 pm »

Ivan - she is a beauty.  Cool

Rob - good to see you over on the "dark side" - the 67 looks lovely.

JG54 Greenhearts
Rob E

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2010, 13:37:28 pm »

Did you know... I found that one too? I bought it from the original owner who lived in the West Midlands (can't remember the name of the place).

I think I know where it was - does Gornal ring any bells? I saw that Beetle (at least I think it was that one!) every week, until one day it was gone! Always wondered where it went! Cheesy

it was fron Great Witley, owned by the same old woman, until she passed it onto the retired service mechanic at the local dealership, who'd serviced it, its whole life.
Rob E

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2010, 13:39:06 pm »

yer Ivans car is a lovely example, one of my favourites when it was featured  Smiley

yer ive been here for a while Tim Smiley funny how you pigeon-holed into a certain style, i may have a Resto cal also in my garage, but always loved the roots of cal look Smiley
Neil Davies

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2010, 13:40:32 pm »

it was fron Great Witley, owned by the same old woman, until she passed it onto the retired service mechanic at the local dealership, who'd serviced it, its whole life.

Ah, it's not that one then! Shocked Wonder where the Gornal '67 went to? Huh

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Tim C

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2010, 13:47:04 pm »

yer Ivans car is a lovely example, one of my favourites when it was featured  Smiley

yer ive been here for a while Tim Smiley funny how you pigeon-holed into a certain style, i may have a Resto cal also in my garage, but always loved the roots of cal look Smiley

Good man - that's what it is all about  Cool

JG54 Greenhearts
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2010, 14:10:11 pm »

I have yet to see a car fitted with burners needing any tucking... If anything you will need spacers in the back...  but that's a nice car!!

At the moment it has a stock Puma beam, discs and dropped spindles and the 145 tyres rub. I haven't tried the Gas Burners - but I want to keep dropped spindles on it.

Mine fitted fine on my 64 with 19mm thick HotOwl Adapters... no rubbing...
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 14:29:34 pm by JHU » Logged

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Ivan

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2010, 14:46:54 pm »

Cool adaptors - but I've got Porsche pattern front and rear discs to go on it - new straight replacements for the four lug VW and Kerscher discs already on the car. They came from CSP and were in the garage with all the other parts.
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2010, 15:00:01 pm »

A much better way to go, and easy on ball joint cars. Personally I have the same setup for my 64 now, but I regret getting lowered spindles as it changes the way the wheels sits in the wheelhouse... and I like the old school Undecided

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
thehanz DVK

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2010, 18:13:14 pm »

Shocked what a beautifull car...and with burners and the little changes....congrats with the buy

67 bug ragtop 091 berg 5. 2276cc 48 Ida
LuftsickTero

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2010, 18:53:57 pm »

i dont plan on selling it, and although i do appreciate cal lookers, i havent got the heart to modify this car Smiley

Ivan should take you for a ride in either of his '67s and that heart would change  Cheesy

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
Rob E

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2010, 19:00:15 pm »

Grin

thats what im worried about  Grin although those sprints do look good on a 4 lug car  Wink
Ivan

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2010, 21:43:02 pm »

Rob - give me a call on 07739 636740. I'll book you in for an E-ticket ride in my Beige '67. It'll be like you've been living in a dark room and I've turned on the light - once you've adjusted to the shock of the magnitude of reality, you'll be booking an appointment with the bank manager. And, trust me on this one, you'll never look back - well only in the rear view mirror to see how far the car you just whooped is behind you!

Once you've had a ride - I'll let you have a drive. And then you'll need to borrow something from the little black box... Grin

The fact you lurking around on this forum shows you've already started coming around to 'our' way of thinking.

BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2010, 22:21:11 pm »

I just had to compare our two 67`s. Mine is zenith blue but apart from the colo(u)r and the spring plate there is not much else that differs;

Yours;

Mine;

It is a real pleasure working on a car like this. Yours got a much better paint than mine since mine is sun damaged, or patinated if you prefer  Smiley Regarding the gas burners, they should work fine with original 67 length axles.

Ivan

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2010, 23:29:41 pm »

Looks like I need to do some more detailing!
Dokke/DFL

« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2010, 13:47:13 pm »

Really nice bug Ivan !!!
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2010, 23:22:48 pm »

kalle, what's that connector above the caliper for? looks like an electronic cable. you building a hybrid bug by any chance?

on a more relevant note, lovely untouched car Ivan! have fun with it  Wink

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2010, 08:48:24 am »

kalle, what's that connector above the caliper for? looks like an electronic cable. you building a hybrid bug by any chance?

on a more relevant note, lovely untouched car Ivan! have fun with it  Wink

Well spotted, that`s the connector for the LM1 sensor.

streetvw

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2010, 22:35:45 pm »

just found this shot of your new 67 in some old pictures I have
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: