The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 16:54:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  This is me...now who the hell are you?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: This is me...now who the hell are you?  (Read 19736 times)
SilverPig

Alles klar?

« on: April 25, 2006, 11:47:08 am »

It's common and polite to introduce yourself when you meet new people...so here it is: My name is Andreas, I am currently 35 years old and live in Oslo, Norway with my soon-to-be wife (this summer actually) and two annoying cats. I make my living as a real estste agent. For the time being, I'm sadly without any VW products what so ever, but I hope soon to get myself a horny cal-looker again.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 12:24:37 pm by SilverPig » Logged

Say hello to my little friend!
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 12:10:50 pm »

What? I didn't realize this was an AA forum? Is VW the same? For people with addictions?
Either way, hello everyone, my name is Trond Dahl (crowd sais: "hello Trond") and I am addicted to VW's in lots of different shapes and forms even though I do have my favourites.
I am 29 years of age and I am married to Sharon and we have to girls, Cecilie and Emily. We live in the south west coast of Norway in a city called Sandnes.
Currently I own two vw's, a 52 ragtop and a 64. The 52 is pretty much in pieces going through a complete restauration which started out as a makeover, but now has ended up as a 1year project. Shock, I know...
So while that is happening, I bought an original 64 to drive this season. Within the next month I'm sure the front will be much lower, my rader rims will be on, t-bars will be there and perhaps my 1915 engine as well...

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

Georg/DFL

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 15:43:21 pm »

I am Georg from near Karlsruhe, a city in the south-west of Germany. I am turning 35 in October and live together with my wife Christine and our three boys Janik, Tim and Nils. I am a journalist and working for a car magazine. And yes, I am addicted to VWs too, especially Cal Looker, but also like other old cars. My ride is the Ghia to the left, it's a '69 modell (one of the last). I used to own some Type 3s but because of the kids I sold them. One "toy-car" is enough – for now!  Grin

Cal Look is not a crime
http://www.dflvwclub.de
"Happiness is a hot VW" - in memory of SOB
"When you run into a Cal Look guy he fits the mold. There's… the Cal Look guys, I don't know how to say it … they just seem to be." - Ron Fleming
Gregor/DFL

No comment...

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 16:08:46 pm »

Hi Ladies & Gentlemen,

My Name is Gregor, I am currently 35 years old and I am living in Stuttgart/Germany (the hometown of Porsche, Mercedes, Bosch, Mahle, Dannenhauer & Stauss, Reutter, ...  Grin) with my wife Maren and our two little girls Emily and Ella.
I studied industrial design, but I am into Corporate Design for a large German company meanwhile.

I onwed my first bug in 1989 (which was modified in a mixture between custom and cal-look) and finally came to my 65 bug which I bought
in 2000.
Well, back in 1999 Georg and me, together with some other guys, started to think about something like a "Cal-Look only" VW club.
This is when all that "DFL" stuff started.

1965 black bug with Empi 5s
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 17:00:50 pm »

hello i'm fabian & i'm 32 year old ,i' living in flemalle it's a town near to liege (+/- 50 km to spa bug show) i'm married to martine & we have a little girl named justine. i'm in the vw scene since 94, my first car is a 74(old school and after cal look) modifiyng to a 66 model and the second is a 61 standard with empi parts & empi /speedwell sprintkit  i like the old parts from the great 70's shop (dds empi etc...) i'd like the old vw litterature (vw greats dune buggy etc..)i'm working in a hospital , i hope to see you all at the das drag day 4 to talk about our passion and learn to know it
 regards
fabian
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 18:11:25 pm by speedwell » Logged

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Turtle001

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 17:44:45 pm »

hello -- my friends call me turtle -- i'm 31 and married to vanessa and we got a 20month old son (basile toulouse) -- i live in the Grimm Hills (Grimbergen, just next to brussels) -- i got my own graphic design agency -- kickin some fun most of the time -- i drive a 59er swedish beetle on OG empi 5 spokes -- great to be part of this "superb" forum!

swedish '59er in a winter sleep
http://turtle.skynetblogs.be
Luftkraft

You know Gil Gonzales?

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 19:28:28 pm »

Hi there, my name is Marc, I'm 31 years old and I'm living in the beautiful swiss town Lucerne, where I'm currently working as a copywriter for an advertising agency. I'm not married yet but I'm sooo in love. Smiley In 1996 I bought my first car which happened to be a '78 T2b from the swiss army, repainted in bad-ass baby blue. I sold it in order to purchase a '66 bug. It was seablue, got a serious lowering job all round and a set of stock steelies with whitewalls, so nothing cal-look yet. It was also sold because I came across my '67 type 34 Ghia in the year 2000. I enjoyed it until last summer when it was partially destroyed by the floods after some heavy rain. I've decided to rebuilt the car during the upcoming winter. In the meantime I'm prowling the streets with my black '60 sedan, bought in 2003. Since ten years I'm running the Luftkraft website, and I'm a proud (founding) member of the GEZUVOR VW Club. That's about it.

LUFTKRAFT Hopped-Up Vee Dubs since 1998
LOWTECH Traditional Hot Rods and Customs Online

...because stock sucks.
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 15:33:10 pm »

Hello guys, my name is Jon Hroar, and I'm 31 years old. I live in the small city of Sandefjord in the south of Norway. I work as a multimedia designer. I have a fiancée, Linda and two cat's, we all live on our old ranch just outside Sandefjord. I have been into air-cooled VW's since age 15. So the barn is filled with all things air-cooled. Started out with a copy of the "Super Dumper" and since done a 61 cal-look bus and a 64 cal/race bug... the 64 is now getting the de-chromed treatment and a new version of my trusty 2176 IDA engine. This is me with the Baboon on the right, which I co-host Scandinavian Cal-look Classic with.

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Ivan

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 11:06:34 am »

I live 50kms to the west of London in a place called Godalming in the county of Surrey.
I am 40 (but mentally around 12) I have a Pug dog called Daisy who likes chewing the yellow middle part from Kinder eggs.
I have a 1990 Westy, a 2005 Passat and an 1967 Beetle with a 2 litre. It has a Gene Berg forged 78mm crank, Carrillo rods, Engle FK10, Pauter 040 heads, Berg 1.4:1 rockers, Berg full flow oil with a System 1, Kennedy Stage 1 clutch, Berg push rods, Mahle/Berg 90.5mm pistons, and so on. Close ratio 'Cog Box' trans with welded gears and super diff. The best time for this car is 13.8 seconds. I am happy with this.
Apart from VWs I like music - and DJ as a second job to pay for the Kinder eggs. I have a collection of around 12000 12" records - dance, hip-hop, house and funk.
The other music I love is the sound of straight cuts and forty eights.
Most imprtantly, my favourite beer is Lowenbrau.
Oh, and what do I do for work? VolksWorld! And that's thing most imprtant thing in my life.

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 14:24:42 pm »

Can I play this, too? Grin
My name is Keith – occasionally known as Uncle Keith – and I am 51 years of age. I've been married a couple of times and currently have a girlfriend called Sandra and a cat called Merlot. I live in a small town called Lostwithiel in the county of Cornwall, in the very south west of England (about 80kms from Land's End).

Currently I own a 2000 Audi A4 Avant TDI, a 1989 1.9 T3 Reimo camper (eBay bargain), a 1974 Carrera 2.7 and another project car which will hoepfully see the road later this year. Oh, I have a 4 metre Fletcher speedboat.

In the past i have owned various modified VWs, going back as far as 1974. I used to drag race, became the first person in the UK to officially run 9-second quarter miles (best of 9.87) in my turbo race car and ran 12.58 secs in my ex-Keith Goss chop-top Beetle street car. Built my first Looker back in 1976, first UK turbo race car back in 1989, first nostalgia VW drag racer in 1996/7.

Work? Oh, back in 1987 I started a little magazine called VolksWorld, eventually employing a young upstart called Ivan and rescuing him from a life working at a Ford dealership.  Wink (Ivan, I can still remember the disbelief on your face when I gave you the news!)

Three years ago, I launched another VW magazine called Ultra VW. It's doing very nicely, thank you.

I am proud to have been invited into membership of the greatest VW club in the world, Der Kleiner Panzers III.

And I once wrote a book which some call 'the bible'... It's now out of print but you can still buy the last copies here

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 16:10:50 pm »

Well my name is Lee Cooksey and I too am based in the UK, I'm 28 and have been into VW's ever since my best mate got one for his first car and I convinced my dad to buy me one too a 1972 base model 1200 in which I learnt to drive and which I still own to this this day albeit in a very different form. A few of you may have seen her at volksworld show this year - She was the Chartruse Meyers Manx with the white hard top and roof rack. Smiley

I have met or spoken to quite a few of you guys outside of this forum and I find it great that we have all come together through a mutual love of HOT VW's

After all Happiness is a HOT VW  Grin

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Sander/DVK

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 18:12:08 pm »

Well, I'm Sander, 28 years and live in Veenendaal in Holland. That's 80 kms from Amsterdam, but hey, what isn't Cheesy
I'm married and have two 2,5 year old son's (twins) :)My occupation is car painter,what is a good combination with my love of Vee Dubs. Now I'm driving a '84 sedan, witch isn't realy a Looker, but a still trying Roll Eyes, but I always have a weakness for California Look Vw's.
Afer 10 years now I still own my first beetle what needs a big restoration. That one is for my son's when the have there driving licence Smiley

Cheers,
Sander

Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Lid

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 21:23:37 pm »

Hello my name is Øyvind lid, i am 32years old and live in Asker, Norway just outside of Oslo.
I have a 67 cal look, I startet with a bunch of T2s before i finaly ended up with a callooker five years ago. My first car was a Volvo Amazon i bougth when i was 15, Many years later i got i 67 T2 pickup and i was addicted to VWs.
lowfastbus

WUNDERWAFFE

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006, 21:56:38 pm »

My name is Jelle, looks like I'm one of the youngest on this forum, only 25 Cheesy
I own a 67 with an 2054cc that did 13,5 on it's firrst outing last year, and a 69 pickup that I've used a a workhorse the last couple of years.  i work for a Scania dealership in Ghen,t the city I live in togheher with my girlfriend Lenny.

http://dragvws.skynetblogs.be
WUNDERWAFFE
The Knuckle Buster
fast54vw

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 06:59:41 am »

my name is john. i live in Callookfornia USA. i have a VW problem, i think i have about 13 vws
 i work at a vw shop and restore/build cars in my spare time and build HP street engines.

Its not what you do, its how you do it!
Soddli

Thomas

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2006, 13:29:13 pm »

Hello! My name is Thomas and i am 32 years old. I live in Steinkjer , in the middle of Norway. I have been interested in aircooled VW and Porsches since i was 15. Here i am next to one of my favorites...the 1968 911R....as here usually with a beer in my hand  Smiley

http://www.pelicanparts.com/swapmeet_pics/Rennsport_Reunion_04/HTML/Page-268.htm
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 13:42:46 pm by Soddli » Logged

Christoph

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2006, 13:37:13 pm »

My name is Christoph, I´m 25, living in a small town close to Hannover (home of the type 2). I´m in a study of architecture and hope to write my thesis next year. My dailydriver is a ´54 oval that needs some hp and still in process there is a ´60 ragtop that hopefully hit the street this summer.
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2006, 13:57:28 pm »

Hi guys...... and gals!

My name is Kalle aka BeetleBug and I`m 33 years old. I`m living together with my girlfriend in Oslo/Norway. I bought my first VW when I was 16 years old, a rusty 68 modell which I lowered in the front and painted flat black with spray boxes.  My current cars is a 65 model (http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php?topic=12.0) a 58 model project and a Audi A2 Tdi which I use as a daily driver.  

This is me standing second from the right with some guys that also hang around on this forum, let`s hope they will introduce them selves as well  Smiley

« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 16:51:46 pm by BeetleBug » Logged

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
kormi

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2006, 22:55:13 pm »

Hi!
My name is Kristoffer Kormilitzin, also known as Kormi. Im 24 years old and come from Jessheim/Norway. Im studying at the moment but finish very soon... so Im really looking forward to get back to a hardcore vw-life. I have a -68 Square as a daily driver, so that helps a bit..

My friend, Ole got me interested in vw's with his slammed '63 bug back in '99. I have'nt been in this game for so long, but Im not as old as you guys either... sorry  Tongue At that time I was all in to slammed vw's and original engines and loved it... But in 2001/02, "JeeRacing" took me for a spin in his ass-up nose-down 170hp Oval, that flipped my eyes, so I started with my first engine. I had to learn this....
I started small with a 1680cc and dual 40's in a type 181 that I had at the moment. I wanted more, so I got my hands on a 2165cc and a '60 bug as a race/street projekt. I worked my ass of to afford it all, and with a turbo and some mods it was race ready... I had my first run at Gardermoen Raceway, and then I felt it... I was hooked! Did some more mods in the winter-time and did a 1/4mile@10,9 pass in my front lowerd non-roll-cage bug. That was sick... Shocked!! Have a rollbar now Wink, and all I think about is vw's and ways to improve my timeslips.. what a great hobby (...or maybe a lifestyle.. )

Thats me for now..
Kormi

« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 16:21:14 pm by kormi » Logged

Boost it...
Rocket-Racing

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2006, 22:30:40 pm »

Anders Letmolie from Sande, Norway here.

I am 29 years old and make equipment for sports arenas for a living (and thats all I have to do with sports!). My spare time is mostly occupied by car oriented stuff. Started out with an american car when I was 15, a part of the hobby I am still involved in. My first VW was a 69 that I bought when I was 18, after that I think there has been about twenty of them in my ownership..
I have nothing against nice original VWs, but cal-lookers are my definitive favorites. Old aftermarket VW parts is a serious addiction of mine..
I currently have a daily driven 57 US spec oval that is getting some TLC this winter and a 53 oval project car (oh, and a 55 Plymouth and a 80 Mustang, but you dont want to here about them..)

Thats me and the 57 in the pic at last years SCC, a place where I hope to meet as many as possible of you in August!

Anders

SHINE CAN NEVER REPLACE ATTITUDE
Gunnar|Rennfahrer

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2006, 23:13:21 pm »

Hi!

I'm Gunnar. I live in Elverum in Norway. And I'm 25years old.
I make my living as a aircompressor technican.
I've been into Volkswagens since I was 13, when I bought my first Oval, a 56 ragtop(project then and now).
I'm Currently working on my seasand beige '66 1300. Ass up, nose down of course!

Gunnar

Rennfahrers VW Club
Fritte

2044 48IDA

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2006, 13:03:13 pm »

Hello everyone.
My name is Fredrik (aka Fritte) I'm 27 years old and soon i move back to oslo and my vw's, after one year in lofoten, north of norway. I work at a theatre as a technician.
Ok! I am also addicted to VW's, especially cal-look's
Currentiy I own four vw's, a 59- 67x2 and a 69 1500. all T-1. Im been into vw's since 94 and I bought my first vw in 98. A 67 1300 T-1. It soon got a lowerd front a 1835cc and a set of BRM's. It was my daily driver fore some years till I sold it and bought my 59 T-1. Its a cal-looker with 2044cc, 48IDA and soon some real centerlines.
This is me on the toure to DDD3 and SPA last summer. ( I hope its OK I borrow a picture girls)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 13:08:10 pm by Fritte » Logged

12.63-174kmt @ SCC 2012. JPM Dyno: 173hk @ 7000rpm. 209Nm
oppdatere til å bruke
guillaume

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 14:30:00 pm »

Hi,
My name is Guillaume. I live in Bordeaux, in France. I am 23 and I am student.
I am addicted to VW since I am 11 years old. I had my 1st bug at 12 (a 1970 standdard bug). I sold it and bought a 1961 ragtop I am restauring at the moment. Some month ago, my aunt gave me her 1303 superbeetle which was restored in the early 90's.
And I am going to buy a 1951 split window bug in excellent original condition lost in a bran. It was repaired and respray in the late 70's in red and gold.
I am also a hardcore DDS collector and found of nostalgia goodies especially the Bug-In goodies.

Have a look at my blog:

http://gbspeedparts.skynetblogs.be

Dirk / DFL

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 20:21:52 pm »

OK, my name is Dirk Bublies, i´m from Osnabrück area in germany. I am 37 years old and drove vw´s since i was 18.... i actually own an 67´sepiabrown Bug with Fuchs rims and an IDA engine. Also i own an 54`original Oval and an 67 Standard on Centerlines. My daily driver is an 87`Automatic Multivan with an sunroof and WBX engine. I am member of the DFL as Georg, Dokke, Gregor, Tobi and some other guys...

http://web3.ichwobbledich.com/cms/images/stories/friends/25_gross.jpg

me`s the guy on the left......
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 20:25:44 pm by Dirk / DFL » Logged
Georg/DFL

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2006, 21:19:27 pm »

Yeah, Dirk "Big Daddy" Bublies on the left and little Georg on the right. Thanks Dirk for putting this "advantageous" pic of us in here... Cheesy

Cal Look is not a crime
http://www.dflvwclub.de
"Happiness is a hot VW" - in memory of SOB
"When you run into a Cal Look guy he fits the mold. There's… the Cal Look guys, I don't know how to say it … they just seem to be." - Ron Fleming
Cymon Sez

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2006, 03:04:43 am »

My name is Steve Wiedner 35 and I live in Cali USA. I have been into VW's since the age of 14 first car was a 64 type 3. I currently have 3 cars Im working on 65 type 3(currently being restored for street duty), 67 type 1(currenty awaiting its 2332), and a 69 type 1(driven daily by my wife awaiiting its "German Look" transformation) Oh and a guys 68 giha convert Im restoring. I also am currently working on an online magazine called Aircooled Monthly. Life is good Wink

BC the Striper

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2006, 22:54:05 pm »

Hello boys & girls!

My name is Błażej (yeah, I know it's weird, but that's only because it's a Polish name) and I live in Szczecin, in northern Poland. My stepfather is Norwegian and this year I'm coming to Norway to work a bit during the summer time. I'm bringing my Bug with me (an '88 Mecixo Bug, or so it is said, it's hard to be sure in Poland:( ) and hope to visit some Bug meetings if it's possible. I'll try to keep up with the forum and surely I'll ask about some VW-lovers when I know more details as to when and where in Norway I will be!

Best greetings to all of you! Smiley
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2006, 07:18:34 am »

Welcome to the Lounge and welcome to Norway Blazej!  Smiley

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Thomas 356

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2006, 20:16:39 pm »

HI

my name is Thomas Risgaard / 356

i am from denmak and member of Men In Bugs

i got in to vw when i was 18 year´s old

and have been drag racing for the last 3 years

my race car is The Nasty Gray ( it is death now )

The foto is my winning and price in SPA 2003

Best Regards
Thomas 356

Thomas 356
Menber Of  Boulevard Cruiser´s
Driver of the Nasty Gray (Back In Fridolin style)
www.thenastygray.blogspot.com
fastfred

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 16:15:12 pm »

well i am frederic, mostly referred to as "fastfred" or "fernando" after a few beers. anyway, living in ninove, belgium, i allready know quite a bunch of people posting over here, i am not the biggest post slut in existance, but you can be sure i am reading attentivly this forum. i have about 4 volkswagens in my cabanna that are from me, and one super cool 1963 type three that is from my partner in crime, the most famous mr K international. a 2007cc callook beetle is the car used to get the adrenaline into my veins, and to scare the more common people  Cool. the 2007 was one of the first big callook engines in belgium, (hence the name fastfred) and it still does the job with regular 14.5 till 14.7 passes and alot, alot of street driving. this car is no trailer queen (i once trailered it to DDD, but got fed up with all the work involved getting the car up the trailer). the engine is stil in its original 1999 configuration, was not split since it was built, and has about 25 to 30.000 kilometers.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 16:17:39 pm by fastfred » Logged

FREDDYFILES 2012 on MARCH 11th !
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: