The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 16:08:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  VW Classic Photos
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: VW Classic Photos  (Read 24662 times)
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2007, 21:27:40 pm »

Were there only two CLUB's There??  Most of the Pictures Are DKP III and German Folks Cars The Same ones you always see at Nicks Anyone else have Pictures Of the Rest of the Classic? car Show, Swap Meet,Vintage cars,Ghia's,Buses,Type III's, Etc: Fellow Lounger's and there Car's I Know Luke, Dannel , Zack Went No Pictures? 

First Classic I've been to in 7 years and very first one with Panzers....had a fabulous time. Thanks to Sarge and Allen for getting the awesome pics from the weekend up and running so those that couldn't make it could share in the fun. I'm sure guys around the world appreciate your efforts and generosity. To have photographed every car there would have been impossible.....no time left to appreciate the folks that built and drove their cars this year. Cool thing about Sarge and his new camera, he's always got some NEW pictures to share, never the same old 4 or 5 pictures recycled among his posts. So many cool cars out there, glad I'm back into it again. Thanks again guys for making the pics available to all. Too bad some guys can't do more than bitch.
If you are Refering to me Bitching you could call it that lets see some differnt pictures the Same old ones are getting Old, New Pictures but of the Same Cars We Have seen them Already....

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2007, 21:31:58 pm »

Were there only two CLUB's There??  Most of the Pictures Are DKP III and German Folks Cars The Same ones you always see at Nicks Anyone else have Pictures Of the Rest of the Classic? car Show, Swap Meet,Vintage cars,Ghia's,Buses,Type III's, Etc: Fellow Lounger's and there Car's I Know Luke, Dannel , Zack Went No Pictures? 

Here's one for ya shubee!  Grin

I turned my 10 y.o. loose with my camera. I haven't gone through everything yet but he took well over 100 pics.
now your Talking Rick isn't that the Car You use to Cruise Whittier Blvd In??  LMAO

Ya got to admit that you've haven't seen this one at Nicks

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2007, 21:42:19 pm »

First Classic I've been to in 7 years and very first one with Panzers....had a fabulous time. Thanks to Sarge and Allen for getting the awesome pics from the weekend up and running so those that couldn't make it could share in the fun. I'm sure guys around the world appreciate your efforts and generosity. To have photographed every car there would have been impossible.....no time left to appreciate the folks that built and drove their cars this year. Cool thing about Sarge and his new camera, he's always got some NEW pictures to share, never the same old 4 or 5 pictures recycled among his posts. So many cool cars out there, glad I'm back into it again. Thanks again guys for making the pics available to all. Too bad some guys can't do more than bitch.
If you are Refering to me Bitching you could call it that lets see some differnt pictures the Same old ones are getting Old, New Pictures but of the Same Cars We Have seen them Already....

When I go to an event with a camera, I tend to take pictures of cars I like. I think most of us here are the same. Were not there to document the event for a magazine or other publication. Ya I like to share my pictures but I'm the only one I need to please with them.

Like I said before, I turned Anthony, my 10 year old son, loose with the camera on Sunday. He took well over 100 pictures that day, I took maybe 4-5. It was interesting to see what he took pictures of. Most of the cars he took pictures of were not cars I would have paid attention too... but he was out there to make himself happy, not me. The lowrider was a perfect example. To a 10 y.o., that looks pretty cool.

nicolas

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2007, 22:05:26 pm »

[/quote]

To a 10 y.o., that looks pretty cool.

[/quote]

you made my day!!!!! i feel like a ten year old! time for sleepies now.

El Diablo Gris

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2007, 22:44:15 pm »

The Jade Grenade was between Pat Friel's split and "El Diablo Gris".
Nice to finally meet you Luke !   That is a VERY nice car !

Darrell
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2007, 23:31:26 pm »

Darrell

And I'm still waiting to meet both of you!  Wink

The Ideaman

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2007, 00:10:05 am »

I forgot your number on my counter, Rick.  1:30AM comes early.

It is the soldier,
Who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped in the flag,
Who allows the protestor to burn the flag.
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2007, 00:25:47 am »

Look man, the thread wasn't started to get critiques on the subject matter selected. A number of the cars I saw among Sarge's selection are firsts for me. I just think it would be admirable if you gave some thanks instead of bagging on Sarge. I might add, a lot of your posts are accompanied with a lot of the same old pictures. Nobody shoots you down.  Wink
I am not Bagging On Anyone I am Just Saying there were a lot more then  DKP  & German Folks Cars In the Show but there are not many other pictures of any other cars  The thread say's VW Classic Photos not DKP photos the cars  Have Not Changed any in the Club

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Georg/DFL

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2007, 00:41:50 am »

Shubee, I really don't get it! Sarge posted HIS pictures he took at the classic. He obviously took pictures of what he liked. There are a lot more pictures of other cars than of DKP and/or GFK beetles. And even if not - he is a DKP-Member and takes OF COURSE pics of his club. I found it interesting, even so I know most of the DKP beetles. And if I want to see more I am surfing the web for more photos. So were is your problem?

Cal Look is not a crime
http://www.dflvwclub.de
"Happiness is a hot VW" - in memory of SOB
"When you run into a Cal Look guy he fits the mold. There's… the Cal Look guys, I don't know how to say it … they just seem to be." - Ron Fleming
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2007, 00:45:15 am »

Whats The Point Just Drop it!!!  its not worth the time saying anymore..

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Dave Galassi

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2007, 00:56:23 am »

Darrell

So is the one next to it that someone caught me in the act looking at.  Maroon shirt......  We passed by the Diablo several times, but missed seeing you.  What are you doing August 28?  I managed to get some tickets.......
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2007, 01:35:29 am »

I forgot your number on my counter, Rick.  1:30AM comes early.

No doubt! I was a little under the weather on Saturday but rebounded on Sunday. I thought I'd run into you someplace... well next time.

El Diablo Gris

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2007, 04:24:33 am »

Darrell

So is the one next to it that someone caught me in the act looking at.  Maroon shirt......  We passed by the Diablo several times, but missed seeing you.  What are you doing August 28?  I managed to get some tickets.......

Me too !  Wink  Hopefullly we can catch up before then, but if not we need to have a drink (or four) on the 28th!  Grin
max, Der Bahnstormerz

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2007, 20:07:35 pm »

I'll be back one day...
The Ideaman

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2007, 03:06:09 am »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/d38SNpU_buk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/d38SNpU_buk</a>

It is the soldier,
Who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped in the flag,
Who allows the protestor to burn the flag.
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2007, 03:45:46 am »

Thanks Luke Nice To See A Few OTHER Cars at the Classic  did you buy anything?? LOL

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2007, 05:50:46 am »

You sure did a great job Sarge!!! It was really nice of you to take the time to share them with all the guy's that couldn't make it to our cruise night or the classic....Your really showing some talent in conveying how the day unfolds! Great stuff!!

I also park at Nick's.
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2007, 09:11:33 am »

Hey Sarge. Thanks for including pics of "The Rollling Blackout". I'm finally getting a chance to settle down after that awesome event. Pulled off "First Place" in my class and "Best Engineered" overall! One of the best days of my life... I must say. Gratefull to have the "Dream Team" helping me reveal my car at the Classic. Still can't beleive it! Cool

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2007, 10:19:55 am »

Hey Sarge. Thanks for including pics of "The Rollling Blackout". I'm finally getting a chance to settle down after that awesome event. Pulled off "First Place" in my class and "Best Engineered" overall! One of the best days of my life... I must say. Gratefull to have the "Dream Team" helping me reveal my car at the Classic. Still can't beleive it! Cool
Steve, your car will go down in history as one of the most innovative VWs ever built. Congratulations!  Smiley

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2007, 11:06:28 am »

Innovative is the word! Breaking the mould!

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2007, 05:25:21 am »

Steve, your car will go down in history as one of the most innovative VWs ever built. Congratulations!  Smiley
Thanks Keith. It has been an over 9 year project and I still have several ideas I want to implement into the car.  Cool

WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2007, 05:34:05 am »

Innovative is the word! Breaking the mould!
That is exactly what I wanted to accomplish. I wanted to set the car apart from the mirror image of others (by thinking outside of the box) yet keep it toned down in the traditional cal-look theme. An extreme look, if you will ...taken to the edge of the cliff.  Grin

empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2007, 07:18:23 am »

congratulation for your bug  Grin
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2007, 09:28:14 am »

Thanks. More pics here--->http://volksarama.smugmug.com/gallery/2996034/1/162407491/Medium
Would like you to make me a die cast in the future,if interested. Wink

BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2007, 12:59:18 pm »

WOW!!! Congrats!

Could you tell us a bit more about the engine? Hope it`s ok that I borrow a picture....

Best rgs
BeetleBug
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 13:01:57 pm by BeetleBug » Logged

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2007, 13:07:31 pm »

WOW is the word... I'm speachless.. I just started at the pictures for forever right now looking at all det magnificant details.. love it!
Great great car Steve

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2007, 02:59:06 am »

WOW!!! Congrats!

Could you tell us a bit more about the engine? Hope it`s ok that I borrow a picture....

Best rgs
BeetleBug
Sure. It's an 86mmX94mm displacement with vacuum pump and Porsche style cooling. FAST E.F.I. with seperate coils for sequencial firing. Normal aspiration. Details will be in Hot VW's after Dean shoots it; later in the year. Stephan for all other mags.

WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2007, 03:00:45 am »

WOW is the word... I'm speachless.. I just started at the pictures for forever right now looking at all det magnificant details.. love it!
Great great car Steve
I will take that compliment. Thanks,bro.

empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2007, 07:59:01 am »

Thanks. More pics here--->http://volksarama.smugmug.com/gallery/2996034/1/162407491/Medium
Would like you to make me a die cast in the future,if interested. Wink
yes I could make it for you just sent me a PM for the details
 Grin
Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2007, 21:43:05 pm »

Who's '67 is this? Huh Huh

Looks Cool and is a Nitrous Car... Wink

Frank

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: