The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 16:28:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350688 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6822 Members
Latest Member: tpb_karl
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Jeff Denham
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Jeff Denham  (Read 74546 times)
71CALRIPPER

« on: June 25, 2014, 06:58:29 am »

Please contact me ...

I cant believe I am still chasing you... 4 years of me chasing you.... 4 FUCKING YEARS>>>>>>>>>>
baz

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 14:42:53 pm »

Please contact me ...

I cant believe I am still chasing you... 4 years of me chasing you.... 4 FUCKING YEARS>>>>>>>>>>

Is this 4 years waiting on heads?  I'm waiting 20 months for mine now so your post has me worried

I will prevail.
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 22:08:32 pm »

Yes..I am sick to death of it.....4 years of being nice if I dont get contacted soon I will starting legal proceedings. So Jeff be the decent chap you are known to be and get in contact..
baz

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 22:36:57 pm »

I've contacted jeff today after reading your post, he replied shortly afterwards promising to get on to my heads. I can only hope he will be true to his word, I know his heads will be worth the wait, but I'm getting tired of waiting at this
stage.

I will prevail.
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 06:51:17 am »

Well we shall see..I have started the ball rolling but I am fuming ....

If anybody else is waiting for Parts/heads....drop me a PM
bugnut68

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 19:23:12 pm »

I have to give you credit for being patient enough to wait four years.  No way would I have waited that long for ANY parts or service, regardless of how good a reputation someone has.  The VW/automotive performance world seems to have more than its share of folks that, while they may be the greatest people in the world, have issues with communications and meeting deadlines.  I sincerely hope you get the resolution you're seeking, and kudos to you for hanging in there that long... because I sure wouldn't be able to.
dannyboy

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 19:56:31 pm »

cant you get a refund and get some heads done in uk ?

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
leec

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 20:58:51 pm »

cant you get a refund and get some heads done in uk ?
[/quote

Danny,
I may be wrong but I think its more than a pair of heads
Lee
dannyboy

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 22:52:49 pm »

ahh ok . i hope it gets sorted asap

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 07:32:26 am »

Problem is I am not the only one in this situation so something needs to be done...
DaveN

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 15:44:56 pm »

any progress?
baz

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014, 12:10:15 pm »

another 5 months still no heads Huh

I will prevail.
youngnstudly

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 08:18:01 am »

A few more months will be 4 years for me too. Luckily (well, not really) I have serious ongoing health issues and haven't actually needed the heads until recently. I don't see it so much anymore as patience, but more like being stuck between a rock and a hard spot. Not like I can go back through Paypal and get a refund, and badmouthing or trashing someone on the internet is really not something I care to get involved in. Too much stress and $hit going on in my life as it is.

Half the messages I send don't get responses and I've done the same "chasing" to stay in contact (from direct emails, to texts, then PM's on the samba, Linkedin, etc). Simply put, you can't make someone do something they don't want to do, whether it's responding to an email or finishing a product or service they're getting paid to do. I think Jeff is a great guy and I don't think he would intentionally screw anyone, but that doesn't help me finish my engine or get another set of heads. If I knew that nearly 4 years later I would have half the money out and nothing to show for it (with no estimated date of arrival), I would have just bought some off the shelf heads. Sad

There may be rocks, there may be chips, but one things for sure...I drive this bitch!
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 14:58:15 pm »

I guess you know Jeff regularly posts on Facebook? May be worth that route...

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
baz

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 16:00:56 pm »

I'm lucky I have the option of a paypal dispute open to me for another week or so. I was foolish enough to pay full price up front but I won't let the paypal deadline slip by.

I will prevail.
youngnstudly

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 17:31:01 pm »

I guess you know Jeff regularly posts on Facebook? May be worth that route...

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I have not contacted him through Facebook, I guess I'm a little reluctant. He has continually instructed me to contact him through 2 different emails, "this site", or "that site", and I don't see why the original form (or first 3 forms) of contact aren't still valid. Especially when some of those sites (like the samba) show him as having visited the site a day or 2 ago. I'll send another message through the samba today, and if no response, Facebook will have to be next. The feedback and turnaround seems to be much better for those who live in So. Cal.

Thanks again,
 Andy

There may be rocks, there may be chips, but one things for sure...I drive this bitch!
baz

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 19:53:06 pm »

Update from jeff, my heads ready for boxes tomorrow. Glad to finally post a positive reply on here.  Smiley

I will prevail.
Martin S.

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2014, 03:18:27 am »

baz, did you contact PayPal? Did they help facilitate your transaction?

Cal Look white 68 Bug with AJ Sims EFI Turbo 2332. 194hp 240tq @ 5500 rpm 3psi boost.
youngnstudly

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2014, 03:50:05 am »

Update from jeff, my heads ready for boxes tomorrow. Glad to finally post a positive reply on here.  Smiley

How long did you have to wait? I'm guessing not 4 years?Huh Huh

EDIT: Good news. Got a response from Jeff with a hopeful finish date of X-mas. I'm looking forward to getting this engine together....and getting an actual pair of Denham heads in my possession. Would make a great X-mas present to myself! Smiley
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 06:47:34 am by youngnstudly » Logged

baz

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2014, 07:29:14 am »

Glad to hear jeff is making progress with his back log of orders.
I didn't need to use paypal, jeff contacted me yesterday with the news they are done.
Really looking forward to getting my motor done now and I know jeffs heads will rip

I will prevail.
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2014, 13:52:22 pm »

The "Moderators" will know what I am talking about here.......

I believe that ANY thread started with a "NAME" should be deleted!

This is a problem between the to individuals and "We" have NO idea of the details, which means "We" should have NO input......

Just Call him dude!!!!

You either "Get It" or you don't......
leec

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2014, 17:11:42 pm »

This is a problem between the to individuals and "We" have NO idea of the details, which means "We" should have NO input......

Just Call him dude!!!!

Interesting points. I believe this situation has gone past the calls stage. Every business/resturant can get reviewed online now, so why shouldn't individuals? Its potentially helping other people in the future
Lee
henk

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2014, 18:42:45 pm »

Just Call him dude!!!!

I do understand your point,if it is only one person who has a probleme with somebody.
Then you should not try to solve this direct on a forum.
But i looks like it is not a single person who has a probleme with the delivery time here.
And i would not like it that i orderd some parts that i don't get,to here then later that some people knew this could happen but did'nt say anything about it.
So i don't think it is a bad thing to be warned.

Henk!!!

Lee.C

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2014, 20:10:41 pm »

My SMALL point was.....

I am sure there is a better way to resolve problems between 2 people other than starting a thread in a persons name on an open public forum..... I would NEVER do it, I have been tempted several times but its NEVER a good idea.....

It just opens a whole can of worms and EVERYONE jumps in even if they have ZERO knowlage on the subject/situation  Undecided

baz

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2014, 20:27:07 pm »

EVERYONE jumps in even if they have ZERO knowlage on the subject/situation  Undecided

Sorry you're the only one jumping in here, if you've no outstanding deals with jeff then this wasn't a thread you needed to get involved in.

I will prevail.
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2014, 22:56:01 pm »

EVERYONE jumps in even if they have ZERO knowlage on the subject/situation  Undecided

Sorry you're the only one jumping in here, if you've no outstanding deals with jeff then this wasn't a thread you needed to get involved in.

I would agree with baz here Lee; I would clean up my own back yard before getting involved. Obviously 4 years of promises is not going to be solved with a phone call.

If threads are started with a name with the purpose of attacking them or just talking trash that would have been removed. But both this thread and the one in your name on the other forums are well within what I would consider reasonable, as long as the purpose is attention or getting progress on what should have been done years ago.... years...
If you have an issue with this Lee you are free to call me at any normal hour of the day. In the mean time I suggest we wait in hope on positive feedback on this thread that parts are starting to arrive.

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

Lee.C

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2014, 23:00:48 pm »

Fair points well made......

I was not "Defending" OR "Attacking" anyone or anything.........

Just my thoughts on the subject

I will keep my mouth firmly CLOSED from now on  Smiley

ugly duckling

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2014, 23:14:30 pm »

HEY EVERYONE, GEEZ DIDENT KNOW I WAS GETTING BASHED ON HERE, IVE BEEN TO BUSY TRYING TO TAKE CARE OF EVERYBODY, WHAT CAN I SAY BUT IM ONLY HUMAN AND THAT WHEN YOU GET BURRIED IN WORK AND DEALING WITH LIFE IT SELF AND OLD AGE THINGS TEND TO TAKE A TOLL ON THE (HUMAN BODY) SORRY IM NOT A MACHINE AND CAN SPIT OUT JOBS LIKE FLAP JACKS. I TRY MY HARDEST EVERY DAY AND THATS SOME TIMES OF 7 DAYS. I WOULD HOPE YOU WOULD ALL PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK HERE ON THE BAD INK PLEASE,I HAVENT HEADED FOR THE BORDER OR ANY THING IM JUST PLUGING AWAY LIKE I HAVE BEEN IN THE SAME LOCATION FOR 26YRS, BUT SINCE THE BODY DOES GET OLDER AND THAT THE HEAD BUSSINESS IS A HARD CORE LABOR INTENCE JOB WELL THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY, BUT I CAN SAY THIS (YOU CANT PLEASE EVERYONE JEFF) I KNOW THAT NOW IVE BEEN IN THE WRONG BUSS FOR YEARS. SOME OF YOU HAVE UNDERSTAND HOW HARD MY JOB IS, AND SOME OF YOU DONT,.  I GUSSE YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE ANGRY AT ME,, BUT SOME OF YOU KNOW IM DOING MY BEST TO TAKE CARE OF BUSSINESS. IVE TURNED DOWN BIG JOBS TO TAKE CARE OF THE PENDING ONES. ANYWHO SORRY IF I UPSET ANYONE,IT WASNT INTENINAL WHAT SO EVER. JUST TO LET YOU KNOW IM (NOT) A DRUG ATTIC I DONT DRINK IM JUST HIGH AS I CAN BE ON LIFE IT SELF AND TRY MY DARNEDEST TO STAY ON THE CORRECT ROAD. WHAT CAN I SAY IS (LIFES A BITCH SOME TIMES) AND THEN YOU DIE. I HAVE PLEASED ALOT OF VW PEOPLE THRUE THE YEARS AND IM GOING TO CONTINUE TO DO SO. ANY WHO I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT HOLIDAY, TAKE CARE NOW, UGLY DUCKLING OVER N OUT.

Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2014, 23:20:48 pm »

IVE TURNED DOWN BIG JOBS TO TAKE CARE OF THE PENDING ONES.

Thanks for replying Jeff. I hope everyone will be sorted soon.

The statement above is something I wanted to bring out as it seems that not doing this is what often putīs people in trouble. Not saying that you did this wrong in your case but in general.
Popular by demand and rumor and then suddenly too much work to handle, but still taking peoples money. Many have made that mistake and I have been burnt myself. That also ended up in a similar thread like this on one of the American forums and it luckily had a positive outcome for all parties.
Thanks for working through it and I am looking forward for some more positive updates in this thread in the near future.

Trond

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

Martin S.

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2014, 03:03:36 am »

Haha, the ALL CAPS posts remind me of when Doug Berg used to post regularly. His comments cracked me up!  Smiley

Cal Look white 68 Bug with AJ Sims EFI Turbo 2332. 194hp 240tq @ 5500 rpm 3psi boost.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: