The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 15:26:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6822 Members
Latest Member: tpb_karl
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Jeff Denham
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Jeff Denham  (Read 74533 times)
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2017, 02:14:47 am »

He was posting on Facebook today about a Porsche 356 head repair.

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2017, 06:42:27 am »

He's posted asking you to call him..,

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
DaveN

« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2017, 09:20:53 am »

How am I meant to see it if he has blocked me?
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2017, 10:16:52 am »

Accepting people bending you over does not give you the moral (or financial) high ground MG, it means you're a dummy.

No wonder you keep getting your pants pulled down if that's your attitude and expectation.

Hope this gets resolved Dave, it's a pisstake of the highest order.

vwhelmot

« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2017, 11:19:05 am »

How am I meant to see it if he has blocked me?

Carrier pigeon?
DaveN

« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2017, 11:21:04 am »

[/quote]

Carrier pigeon?
[/quote]

too quick for him, message in a bottle is more his pace
Martin S.

« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2017, 16:56:09 pm »

You might have to go 'visit' him  Angry

https://youtu.be/mdKNl4TXyik?list=PLDI904iuOabMy11qRAy6WyvyA4akJdhcL

Cal Look white 68 Bug with AJ Sims EFI Turbo 2332. 194hp 240tq @ 5500 rpm 3psi boost.
Richierich56

« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2017, 17:23:24 pm »

Blocks you and now asks YOU to call HIM. Jesus. Shouldn't he be ringing you, with a damn good ******* explanation? Seriously, how is this guy still getting customers?
mg

« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2017, 20:31:56 pm »

Might be worth a nickel,  Wink
I would call him. 
DaveN

« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2017, 20:33:39 pm »

MG he has my email address.
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2017, 12:14:57 pm »

Blocks you and now asks YOU to call HIM. Jesus. Shouldn't he be ringing you, with a damn good ******* explanation? Seriously, how is this guy still getting customers?
Obviously, he is currently posing headwork on facebook

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

DaveN

« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2017, 12:52:06 pm »

Jeff emailed me last night asking for a list of outstanding parts he owes me.  Hopefully he will supply them soon.
leec

« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2017, 13:05:57 pm »

Jeff emailed me last night asking for a list of outstanding parts he owes me.  Hopefully he will supply them soon.

That's some progress then. If nothing more it is written evidence he's aware he hasn't supplied all the parts

Lee
youngnstudly

« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2017, 06:10:01 am »

I'm sorry to see this topic come back up. As Dave knows, I had my 5 year dealing with Jeff over heads that were never meant to be. Last year, I finally asked for a refund of the first payment I paid Jeff (in 2011) to get started on the heads. Jeff was cool about refunding me, and he seemed relieved that he didn't have to finish the heads.

My only gripe (aside from 5+ promised "finish dates" given by Jeff of when the heads would be done) was the fact he knew I was sick with cancer when he agreed to do the heads, and I already had the entire 1915 engine (minus heads) ready and mocked up, then I got sick again a few years later and had to sell the entire (brand new) engine for a fraction of I paid for it since I needed money and couldn't put my engine to use w/o the missing cylinder heads that he wouldn't finish.  Roll Eyes

For those silly comments about "just calling" Jeff on the phone, I will say this. You have obviously never tried to get Jeff on the phone if you think it's easy. First, you have to contact him via email/facebook/LinkedIn/Myspace/email #2/Samba and let him know you're calling. Jeff told me directly that he doesn't answer any incoming calls with numbers that he doesn't recognize, which explains all those times I called 5 or more times a day (for a full week) and he never picked up. Now you're asking yourself, "Why didn't this youngnstudly idiot leave a message???" It's kinda hard to leave a message on someone's phone when every time you call (probably 60+ times...OVER A 5 YEAR PERIOD!), you get a recording that says, "I'm sorry. The voicemail you're trying to reach is full. Please try again later." Angry

For me, this topic is water under the bridge, but for Dave, it may seem like progress. I heard the same thing at least 8 times from Jeff though. Whatever the reason, Jeff does not want to finish what he starts. All that talent and no drive to put it to use. Once you hear the words, "Almost finished!!! Next week or the week after at the very most!" for about the 3rd time, you realize you aren't getting your parts. Luckily, I got my money back and I really try not to hold grudges....but I won't ever deal with Jeff again or recommend him.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

There may be rocks, there may be chips, but one things for sure...I drive this bitch!
mg

« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2017, 17:24:56 pm »

You have my full and complete empathy.  Cry
Prayers that the big C is under control now.

Communication is funny these days.  Embarrassed
We have a dozen ways to reach people yet for many talking on the phone seems the least acceptable?  Huh
The phone call has been replaced by a "like" on FB.

I had a Brother in law that was a Sociopath/mortgage broker.
He would take your loan deposit but he would never submit your loan, he went to jail.
A sociopath is going say what they think you want them to say.
C/P... A sociopath typically has a conscience, but it’s weak.
He may know that taking your money is wrong, and he might feel some guilt or remorse, but that won’t stop his behavior.
They lack empathy, the ability to stand in someone else’s shoes and understand how they feel.
Jos

« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2017, 05:31:59 am »

On another note MG, if you ever need automotive services performed I'm your man. Send me payment and parts and I'll make sure I get em back to ya. (doesn't matter what the services are, I'm sure I'm a pro)
mg

« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2017, 12:50:36 pm »

On another note MG, if you ever need automotive services performed I'm your man. Send me payment and parts and I'll make sure I get em back to ya. (doesn't matter what the services are, I'm sure I'm a pro)

Sarcasm should be in green, where in Nigeria are you located?  Grin

Here's another AC biz to avoid.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/german-auto-los-alamitos
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 14:07:27 pm by mg » Logged
Nikov

« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2017, 23:11:20 pm »

Dave any news on your missing parts? I suppose it's a positive that he's asked for a list, just hope a nice big parcel turns up at yours tomorrow!

Regards
Niko
DaveN

« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2017, 17:30:53 pm »

No news yet Niko.  I haven't heard anything since I emailed him a list of the parts.
vwhelmot

« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2017, 18:10:33 pm »

You might get a reply in another 5 years. Something to look forward to.
DaveN

« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2017, 11:47:14 am »

I will fly over there before i wait that long!
baz

« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2017, 13:18:08 pm »

I will fly over there before i wait that long!

I might join you after being shown something I really should have spotted myself. Jeff had 2 years to get these heads right  Undecided

There's 5mm difference in plug locations, dunno how he managed that.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 18:15:50 pm by baz » Logged

I will prevail.
vwhelmot

« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2017, 14:25:20 pm »

Is that a piss take? Huh
baz

« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2017, 14:35:34 pm »

Is that a piss take? Huh

Yes but Jeff is the one taking the piss

I will prevail.
Richierich56

« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2017, 22:46:53 pm »

Jeez. How the heck is he still in business
Jos

« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2017, 23:45:08 pm »

Because so many of these guys insist that if they can just convince him to finish their heads, it'll be worth their hassle. Well it won't be.
baz

« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2017, 00:00:41 am »

Because so many of these guys insist that if they can just convince him to finish their heads, it'll be worth their hassle. Well it won't be.

This is the truth,  the reality of owning JD heads doesn't live up to the dream .  

Hopefully mine will run OK but the sour taste will stay with me, and resale value is greatly diminished. 

I will prevail.
leec

« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2017, 00:14:43 am »

Hi Baz,
I know it's not right and that is not on, but will it effect anything? Just intrigued
baz

« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2017, 00:33:26 am »

Hi Baz,
I know it's not right and that is not on, but will it effect anything? Just intrigued

Honestly I don't know, hopefully not a big deal but when you pay for a pair of bespoke heads it's not what you expect to receive.  If I were to offer these for sale would a potential buyer be put off?  I know I would. I let the welded fin slide as shit happens but the mismatched plugs add up to 'I don't want to touch them unless dirt cheap' terroritry.  

Any knowledge folk want to chime in on any potential affects from the plug misalignment?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 00:39:34 am by baz » Logged

I will prevail.
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2017, 01:23:01 am »

Well, I don't know how people can still find good excuses to someone that's running a business like that. Not only it's a hassle to get the parts and you have to harrass, threaten and sue the guy to get the parts done... but the parts are f*cked up! Plus something is clear, if you were to say nothing the guy would be too happy to walk away with your money and never get your parts done. There are many people like that in the business, not openly thieves or scammers, but who are just wainting for the right opportunity to rip someone off here and there.

Again I don't care if that's not the truth, all I see is the guy's behavior. And actions speak louder than words. That's just how things are in life.

And again, I don't care how many heads have been done right in the past, all I see here is incompetence and a total lack of skill. Don't call yourself a professional if you are unable to deal properly with customers and to respect deadlines (and respect people) because that's also part of what it takes to be a professional. And especially, don't call yourself a professional when you are sabotaging your work. Period.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 01:28:48 am by Nico86 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: